What's new

water fall

shutterbug1

TPF Noob!
Joined
Jul 29, 2014
Messages
8
Reaction score
0
Location
new zealand
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
newbie to all this still but this is a shot i managed to capture a few weekends ago feel free to comment
$IMG_1889.webp
 
a bit lower angle would be better

other will say more
 
ISO 125, f/5.6, 24mm, 1.0 sec exposure

I would crop the left and top a bit to bring the waterfall more into the forefront.

Do you have any post processing tools ?
I would also up the contrast, clarity, vibrancy and saturation a little.
and increase the whitebalance a bit to make the water a bit whiter.
 
newbie to all this still but this is a shot i managed to capture a few weekends ago feel free to comment
View attachment 80818

Here's my take:

1. I'd convert this to portrait mode (which emphasizes the vertical flow of the water). This will also crop on the left and right.
2. I think about reducing the brightness just a little. I think the water will stand out even more. Right now my eyes are drawn to the foliage on the left first (and not the falls).

Thanks for sharing.
 
This is a great place to practice some composition! The perfect setting for this shot would be a little to the right and a little lower, portrait mode, slow shutter speed and a tripod.
 
Why not just go black and white and come out strong with the black and whites?
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom