What's new

Water falls - C&C please

Liking the first one best, but if it were me I would have had a little less foreground in it. The waterfall it's self is well done IMO.
2nd one Im not overly keen on, think the branch's are a little distracting.
3rd one looks nice enough to me.

Over all good enough shots, Id be happy if it were me taking them.

Keep it up!
 
I like # 1 the best. The various colors and the height of the falls and smoothness of the water.

# 2 I figured out what was throwing me off. The lake behind it somewhat looks like a wall right behind the falls. So if (if possible) that shot was retaken with a lower perspective it would be alot better (to me)

# 3 nice but a lower perspective again to also get rid of those bare branches from the top right. But really nice none-the-less.
 
I also like # 1 best, I would pivot the image to the left just a bit and recrop it to have less foreground and remove the part right of the small fall.
IMO #2 would be better if you had your leading line ( the fall) go diagonnaly.
#3- the bottom part in under exposed, (easily fixable)
 
Liking the first one best, but if it were me I would have had a little less foreground in it. The waterfall it's self is well done IMO.
2nd one Im not overly keen on, think the branch's are a little distracting.
3rd one looks nice enough to me.

Over all good enough shots, Id be happy if it were me taking them.

Keep it up!

Thanks for your comments. Unfortunately, I can't go back to Vermont any time sooner :(, so I have to rely on editing.

1. Do you think a tighter crop would help? Now that I look at the foreground, I think I should have wet the rocks before I took the photo.
2. hmm.. I thought they added something to the photo. Maybe you are right.

We missed the peak foliage by a hairline. Most of the trees were barren by the time we got there.
 
I like # 1 the best. The various colors and the height of the falls and smoothness of the water.

# 2 I figured out what was throwing me off. The lake behind it somewhat looks like a wall right behind the falls. So if (if possible) that shot was retaken with a lower perspective it would be alot better (to me)

# 3 nice but a lower perspective again to also get rid of those bare branches from the top right. But really nice none-the-less.

Thank you for your comments.

2. Unfortunately, I cannot retake these, but I do get your point.
3. We missed the peak fall colors by just a few days. I was really disappointed by the bare branches. Need to plan properly next year.
 
I also like # 1 best, I would pivot the image to the left just a bit and recrop it to have less foreground and remove the part right of the small fall.
IMO #2 would be better if you had your leading line ( the fall) go diagonnaly.
#3- the bottom part in under exposed, (easily fixable)

Thank you for your comments.

1. I will try cropping it as you said.
2. Funny, I thought of that, but didnt do it thinking it will not work. (Note to self: Take the photos nonetheless. Can throw away later if they dont work out).
3. I have another one, which I thought was a little over exposed. Maybe I can merge both.


DSC_0051 by manyvan2000, on Flickr
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom