Water in the hills

citjet

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I love to take long exposures and my ND filters are my best freind. These are taken in the foot hills of Mt. Hood. Im gonna miss summer...

077-1.jpg

025-4.jpg

073-2.jpg

All are top notch photos! Love in the first one how your friend brings a little reality to the photo, and the second is my favorite. Love how you used the trees as a frame making it seem like a hidden spot! Your composition in the third is something to be very proud of. I love how my eyes start all the way at the top and follow the stream all the way down to the bottom of the photo. May I ask what you shutter speed was on these?

Thanks for the compliments :sillysmi:

That is actually me in the first one. Did a self portrait.

Shutter speeds range between 10 and 20 seconds. The third photo was after the sun went down but helped me to make it extra silky and is also one of my all time favorite shots. I also used some slight exposure comp on #3 and BTW was kneeling in freezing water to get the angle I wanted.

beautiful, 1st one is my favorite, then probably 2 then 3, they are all so good though!

These are pretty nicely executed in the field. I like your shutter speed and f/stop decisions. If there were anything I would do though it might be a little bit of selective color work, to tone down some of the excess green in your flowing water,and the greens overall. I tried a bit of selective color on the greens, and added up to 25 units of magenta,and it made the photos look a bit more realistic, while still maintaining that beautiful time-exposure flowing water look.

The place reminds me of a very small river's headwater section,where I used to fish as a boy...lots of mossy-covered rocks with pure mountain water flowing by them, ferns, and lots of tall,mossy trees.

Beautiful shots. Looks like a great place for taking photos. I too agree with you on missing summer, but this looks like a wonderful location to also get winter shots. I also agree with Darrel on toning down the greens a little bit as they are a little overpowering.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back