Water surface with an attitude...

Trombone

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Hello again, excellent ambiance you guys have here!

WaterSurfaceNationalMusuemUPL.jpg

since i went through the process of uploading it and then posting it, it's obvious that i'm looking for some comments here, so shoot...

cheers,
trombone

Nice contrast with the colors. Good Shot.

There's something about the lighting that nags at me in this photo. It's a bit harsh and I think might have done better at a later time of day. The water seems black, although I can see the stems it just doesn't look natural and the shadows and highlights are harsh on the leaves themselves.

I like the composition, and the color of the leaves, it's just the lighting that needs to change to benefit those positive aspects.

thank you for the comments.

Jess, you are absolutly right about the timing of the shot, but the musuem closed at 3:00 pm that say so i had to shoot and run, and i did all this coloring thing to avoide such a comment :confused: anyway, the green was so desaturated because of the mid-day lighting, and blackining the water was intentional, i actually liked it this way, thanks a lot for your thoughts.

Cheers,
Trombone

Trombone! It's cool I really like the choice of colors!

Great picture. the only thing that bugs me is the bright spot in the upper portion near the left corner. You know what I'm talkinga bout??? Something looks off there and it is grabbing my attention away.

I really like the blackened water with your choice of colors. Well done.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back