What's new

Water Tower

thebasedsloth

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Joined
Nov 2, 2011
Messages
350
Reaction score
47
Location
Glen Burnie, Maryland
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit

Water Tower by TheBasedSloth, on Flickr

Ehh, Thinking about going back for a reshoot in the morning to get more dramatic lighting.
It's right across the street from my neighborhood so I have access to this all I want..
 
Is it right next to an airport?
 
Nope, There's a fire station to the right of it (assuming you're looking at it from this angle)
and a giant Aquatic Center, Indoor pool place to the left.

Why do you ask?
 
I'm sure TPF is referring to the paint scheme. Where I come from the water towers are only painted that way for aircraft recognition.
 
Where I come from the water towers are only painted that way for aircraft recognition.
Yeah - usually tall structures are only painted in that scheme so planes don't hit them.
 
Well there's one a couple, Maybe 10, miles away? So yeah it's relatively close to a airport I guess, Haha. I never knew that's why it was painted that way though, Thats interesting...
 
I feel you can brighten up the image to remove that gloom
When i did that the result was better

Regards :D
 
O|||||||O said:
Yeah - usually tall structures are only painted in that scheme so planes don't hit them.

If there is a fire house next door then it's probably for the medivac.
 
$_DSC3239.webp

Like this? I bumped the blacks up a bit
 
Last edited:
I am kinda into the gloom, but I could see how the exposure needed to be bumped up.

It's not the shadows that need to go up, it's really the whole thing. It looks to be about 2/3rd's of a stop under/
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom