water water water!

hawkeye

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.myspace.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I dont know about your location, but here in GA we are in desperate need of rain. It might of made national news, I'm not sure. But we are fighting with Alabama about reducing the water we let down stream. We are on great restrictions for water usage. And thats a good thing. Our neighbors to the west are not so conservative. Metro Atlanta needs our water reserve!!!

So my question, if you are in GA, or ANYWHERE there is severe drought, are you doing your part to conserve?

I am, actually. But then I'm just repeating the same stuff I've routinely done for years. When I first moved to GA, the residents were coming out of a drought, and there was a small push to conserve which I gladly took up. Given the cyclic nature of these droughts, it's just become habit. (Though this one is certainly grabbing the headlines; a 100-year is nothing anyone wants to live through.)

"Recycled" water from rinsing off dishes in the sink, or even from the dog and cat's bowl, has been going into my potted plants for years, with no ill effects. I always run a full load of laundry, don't let the water run needlessly while brushing my teeth, never run the tub when the shower is there, etc. It's the little things that add up.

I'm from Victoria, a state in Australia, where Melbourne is

and we've been in a drought for 7 years now

out dams have gone from 80% to about 30%. we're in heavy water restrictions too.

i've gotten a water shaving shower head, and bloody hell, it sucks. the water pressure is pathetic, but i've gotten used to that now, but what really ticks me off is the radius of the water spray which is very narrow, it doesn't touch either of my shoulders when i stand under it. i have to rotate like a bloody roast chicken

I am, actually. But then I'm just repeating the same stuff I've routinely done for years. When I first moved to GA, the residents were coming out of a drought, and there was a small push to conserve which I gladly took up. Given the cyclic nature of these droughts, it's just become habit. (Though this one is certainly grabbing the headlines; a 100-year is nothing anyone wants to live through.)

"Recycled" water from rinsing off dishes in the sink, or even from the dog and cat's bowl, has been going into my potted plants for years, with no ill effects. I always run a full load of laundry, don't let the water run needlessly while brushing my teeth, never run the tub when the shower is there, etc. It's the little things that add up.

Thats great to hear, there are so many people out there that just dont seem to care. Catching water in the shower is the best way to get gallons and gallons to use on all of your plants, indoor or out. Instead of turning the shower head on and waiting on the water to get hot, just run the faucet and stick a big bucket underneath. It's nothing to get 5 gallons before the shower is warm enough to get in! Thats enough water to last several plants a few days. Another thing that annoys me is letting the water run while washing the dishes... and even after that, still putting them in the dishwasher and letting it run! Insanity.

Most reactions

Back