Watercolour using just one colour

Darfion

Soapbox guru...
Reaction score
Website
www.darfion.co.uk
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I think they call it monocolour, for obvious reasons really.
watercolour.jpg

That's amazing! Excellent work.

OK... how'd you do it. That is gorgeous.... my fav so far.

BTW - just got an acrylic paint set for my birthday - got any pointers?

Tammy said:
OK... how'd you do it. That is gorgeous.... my fav so far.

BTW - just got an acrylic paint set for my birthday - got any pointers?
Thanks Tammy. Never used acrylics before. Come to think of it i never used watercolour before either so sorry i can't help you much.
Acrylic paint is an opaque medium whereas Watercolour is transparrent. In other words, acrylic should be easier to work with than watercolour. You don't have to work from light to dark as with watercolour.

Start off by painting something simple like a small landscape. Paint several 'doodles' so you become more confident.
Here's a link that you may find useful http://www.creativespotlite.com/acrylic-painting-lessons-2.htm

Most inportantly enjoy youreself. Everything you do will be unique to you.

This is beautiful!! Like a sepia toned B&W. :D

Nice idea, and somehow I think it was probably much harder to do this one and get the shading right, than it would have been to do this exact landscape using color.

You make it look easy. :wink:

Acylic paint can be used just like watercolor, simply add water to thin it. The substance will then become transparent.

Artists like Chuck Close uses acylic to paint his subjects.

telex95 said:
Acylic paint can be used just like watercolor, simply add water to thin it. The substance will then become transparent.

Artists like Chuck Close uses acylic to paint his subjects.

There are also acrylic transparency mediums you can use to get similar effects as watercolor but retain the vivid colors. You can also buy transparency acrylics. The problems with acrylics beings used this way is they are designed to be used on gessoed surfaces and have a tendency to do more damage to paper surfaces used in W/C.

BTW- nice painting!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back