What's new

Waterfall walk

Flems

TPF Noob!
Joined
Mar 23, 2009
Messages
109
Reaction score
5
Location
Hamilton, Ontario
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Went on a walk the other day to 2 waterfalls in the area. The larger falls is Felkers Falls, the smaller is Little Davis Falls. On the way there it was overcast which would have been perfect for these shots, but the sky opened up shortly after arriving. I just tried to make due with what I had. All shots takin with either a D300 w/Sigma 18-50 2.8, or a Nikon F-401s w/50mm 1.8 using Kodak Extar 100 film. For the film shots, I simply scanned the 4x6 prints as my scanner is not able to do negatives. They all got a quick touchup in PS as well :).

Enjoy!
217162_10150566140250354_604775353_18194884_4959153_n.jpg

F401s

215605_10150564159070354_604775353_18173256_3944053_n.jpg

D300

217534_10150564160135354_604775353_18173279_1797571_n.jpg

F401s

216355_10150565593285354_604775353_18190083_1162876_n.jpg

D300

206945_10150566087930354_604775353_18194609_5382491_n.jpg

F401s

Feel free to comment and/or critique if you wish; your input is always welcomed.

Thanks again!
 
I like the composition of #1, but it's way too contrasty. Maybe your scanning technique is partially to blame, maybe not. The direct sunlight, as you mentioned, is really hurting you here.
 
I find that when theyre initally scanned, the histogram has empty shadows & highlights and that I have to use levels to even it out. It seems to have more contrast on the web as well.
 
Fourth is the best to me; last one is something special; as mentioned, the first one is too contrasty
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom