watermark/logo help - cs4.

burstintoflame81

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I was working on creating a logo/watermark with text and FX. Now when I take the logo and shrink the image down to like 2" to place in the corner of a photo, the text looks wierd. Not terrible, just not as crisp as when at its full size. Should I spread the letters out more? ( if so, how do I do that in photoshop, I forget. ) Also, I heard that you can make your logo or signature into a custom brush to resize and apply more easily, is this true?

Why not design it to be 2" to begin with? Make your canvas size accordingly and work from there. Resizing an image always degrades quality and with text it can be quite visible. Not sure about the other questions, as I'm not all too familiar with photoshop myself.

well, many times when you shrink things they appear jagged, but then if you zoom to 100% it should appear like normal.

I wouldn't personally create it to be 2 inches because things typically shrink better than they expand. Generally, because of this it's a good idea to create the logo in something like illustrator because then you can expand/shrink your logo to anysize without a loss of quality.

Now when I take the logo and shrink the image down to like 2" to place in the corner of a photo, the text looks wierd.
Which is why you can't make usable logos in a raster program like CS4 and need to make them in a vector program like Illustrator.

Raster files do not scale smoothly, but vector files do.

Is there any free programs that I can do that with? I mean its not an extremely complicated logo. I don't want to have to shell out for illustrator just to make a quick logo. Thanks for the help so far guys.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back