What's new

Watermark - Yes, No, Image or Text?

I love the idea of using a signature if needed! How did you guys create a signature watermark??

Sign a sheet of white paper with a black Sharpie, scan it, desaturate it, and increase the contrast.

Select the white background and make it transparent.

That or you could photograph your signature.

Instead of desaturating and increasing the contrast I just do a color overlay on it after I have removed the background. With a color overlay it lets me easily switch the signature from black to white if it is going on an image that is already dark.
 
I use an image. I also embed that image somewhere in the photo to at least prove I'm the owner. Somewhere obscure and only I know :)
 
Minimalism is my thang, yo.

Focus by longm1985, on Flickr

Simple initial and last name works very well in a nice, understated font. It's minimalist and doesn't distract from the image, but gives a clear ownership. Is it easy to crop out? Yes. Is someone going to steal MY image? let's be honest here.... no.
 
$Radhanath-Swami-Maharaj-at-Patna.webp

Hi would be great if someone could link some tutorials on the best way to make professional watermarks and guidelines for watermarking? Any resources or advice, tips.

This is the source site of the picture: Radhanath Swami Photos
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom