Watermarking

Reaction score
Website
www.carolinedixey.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I like the idea of watermarks...you know that your name is on the image so people know where to go and stuff...but it just takes SOOOO long to go into photoshop and manually put my website on every single picture I take. I know there has to be some type of watermarking program that does it in batches. I've read that Lightroom doesn't have the capability to batch watermark, but I've also read that there are ways to hack into Lightroom.

I don't want something obstructive, meaning I want to be able to design the watermark myself, and choose the placement of it (right hand corner as opposed to across the image). Anyone have any suggestions?

What I do is make a tool in photoshop of my logo save it then I just use actions on the folder takes some time but it works for me

Exactly I have a single action that takes an image, resizes, adds a border, and drops my name in the bottom right.

Work smart not hard, you only need to go through all the steps once ;-). You can even save the action as an executable file so you don't even need to open photoshop anymore :)

Exactly I have a single action that takes an image, resizes, adds a border, and drops my name in the bottom right.

Work smart not hard, you only need to go through all the steps once ;-). You can even save the action as an executable file so you don't even need to open photoshop anymore :)

This sounds like something I could use. I just don't know how. My trial copy of CS3 expired, so I'm editing my RAW images in Lightroom and opening them in CS2 to add a watermark. I'm going through some images I took this week right now...well taking a break I guess...here are a couple.
TonicRoom03-24-084.jpg

TonicRoom03-24-0828.jpg

Basically, I have copied the text, so I batch open all the images in the folder, click the text tool, ctrl+v, opacity click manual type in to 31, click on move tool, position the text, Layer menu- select flatten image, ctrl+s

Is it worth all that? Is there a way to shorten it?

Yes. CS2 also has actions. The shorter way is to:

Click new action, label it portrait or landscape depending on the picture. Click ok. Then "click the text tool, ctrl+v, opacity click manual type in to 31, click on move tool, position the text, Layer menu- select flatten image, ctrl+s" and click stop record.

Your new process is now open the image, double click the action, close the image.

Most reactions

Back