What's new

Waterparked

invisible

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Joined
Mar 10, 2007
Messages
5,213
Reaction score
983
Location
Canada
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
The photo is nothing special, but I thought the scene was.

p979544965-4.jpg


This pond is isolated. A few metres to the right there's a gravel road. A few kilometres away there's a 3-block small town in the middle of nowhere. The truck has been there for at least 6 months (I've seen it twice since 2011) but most likely for decades, and will probable see another generation of Manitobans drive by.

I explored every possible angle to make a good photo of this, but after about 30 minutes of walking around the pond I realized I needed hip waders to get to any good vantage point. This truck would be gold if shot from the water with a 10-stop ND filter.

Anyway, this photo is here not because it's good but because I felt I had to share :)
 
Nothing special?
I think it's very special!

Lot's you can do with this location. :D
I'd love to do a light painting session with the front of the truck.

Thanks for sharing!
 
Lot's you can do with this location. :D
On paper yes... but like I said there's no good angle to shoot this truck unless you get in the water.
 
That's cool, I've found a number of cool old trucks, but never one in a pond. I would be all for hip waders, and maybe finding a model to pose on that truck, that would make one hell of a model portfolio if you found a rowboat to borrow.
 
The landscape is outstanding...but how much the plunged vehicle goes with the landscape is a bit doubtful

Regards :D
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

New Topics

Back
Top Bottom