Watkins Glen State Park

skiboarder72

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Website
www.joshjonesphoto.com
Yesterday I had the awesome privilege of visiting Watkins Glen State Park with some of my best friends. Last time I was there I was just getting into photography, trying to do my best with a 4mp Kodak DX7440. Needless to say, I was really excited to use my new skills and equipment out on one of the most beautiful state parks in the country. I do have to say, I'm pretty happy with how the images turned out. I'll definitely be printing some of these really big to hang on my wall.

DSC_7364.JPG

We walked the entire Watkins Glen Gorge trail, stopping every few feet to capture the stunning landscapes. Thankfully my friends are also into photography so they didn't get too irritated!

DSC_7406.JPG

DSC_7379.JPG

DSC_7382.JPG

DSC_7367.JPG

DSC_7434.JPG

DSC_7412.JPG

DSC_7371.JPG

DSC_7455.JPG

DSC_7430.JPG

DSC_7444.JPG

DSC_7503.JPG

DSC_7493.JPG

DSC_7480.JPG

DSC_7438.JPG

I just came back from a hike. How were you able to reduce the intensity of the sun reflecting off rocks/plants, etc? I'm super frustrated.

Would have been nice to have a 'darker' ND filter for these shots so you could get the water really well. I love the shots, though. What lens did you take these with?

Mark

That drop photo gets my atention

Some very, very nice compositions here. Nice colors, as well. I love all of them, as they are really interesting to look at. Looks like a beautiful place to shoot!

Great photos, that 'drop' picture is awesome....sooo crisp. And I'm very partial to the B&W images! Love them and thatnks for sharing

Most reactions

New Topics

Back