We call him the MAD BOMBER!

Radical

No longer a newbie, moving up!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Sunday we had this Cardinal attacking every window on the house all day long. We chased him away but he always came right back. At one time another male flew in and oh my god! the noise and chasing was crazy and he chased away the other bird and came right back. He even sat on our front door knob. My wife called me at work this morning and said when she was leaving to go to work the mad bomber was back, when I got home this afternoon he was gone.
The light was really bad and I had to take these through the window but here they are. What a riot!
$_DSC0023.JPG
$_DSC0025.JPG
$_DSC0041.JPG
$_DSC0042.JPG
$_DSC0064.JPG
Let me know what you think.
Almost forgot at one time my short hair dog was on point with the bird off of his nose on the other side of the window.

I really like #3 and #4 ... what was the background for those?

Kevin

What he did was knock for the photographer to finally take his photos! And HE wanted his photo taken, not the OTHER MALE... pfffft. Chase that one and knock again!!
To then pose like he did in 3 and 4. Those two are proof for me that I am right. He came to have you take his photo! ;)

Thanks Kevin, the back ground is my lawn.

Thanks everyone, all is quite for now.

Radical; if you would like to save this bird's life, you should put up some window stickers to warn him that it is just glass, and not another male Cardinal.

Hey thanks Designer I'll try that.

I really like 3 and 4 and nice back drop.Good work getting him to pose for you.

Haha nice shots, especially 2 and 3.

When I was a kid, we had a cardinal that would gently tap on the kitchen window (not mad bomber style)- whenever the bird feeder was empty. Those guys are real characters!

The first 2 gave me a good chuckle, looks like he is trying to break in...

I have a male and female Cardinal that come everyday to the bird feeder but the eat off the ground what the other birds spill.They will not eat from the feeder let alone come to a window.Lucky you you have a mad Bomber.

Great set! I love the ones of him looking in the window :)

At our old house we had a goldfinch that would exhibit the same behaviour, it was territorial, they see the other "guy" in the window and are trying to chase it away.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back