We call these " Tree Rats"

Lez325

Wildlife Photographer
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
I found a very obliging Grey Squirrel whilst trialling a new lens Sony 100-400mm G lens ( Grey Squirrel not Native to my country and they are abundant) , so I thought I give it go to get a nice shot

Sony a7Riv + Sony 100-400mm G lens

lEyzwa8.jpg

Les :)

Ps here is our native Red Squirrel

vEs5Iht.jpg

Last edited:
We'll take the grey squirrels back as soon as you come and get your starlings.

I like the shot of the red squirrel best.

We'll take the grey squirrels back as soon as you come and get your starlings.

I like the shot of the red squirrel best.
Ha we have plenty of Starlings thank you :)

Greys are vermin.

Thankfully, reds are numerous if secretive in our area. Alway nice to see a red.

Ha we have plenty of Starlings thank you :)

Just like you shouldn't have any grey squirrels, we shouldn't have any starlings.
I propose a species-for-species swap.

All kidding aside it is sad to see the results of invasive species brought on by past ignorance. I don't know how the greys made it to the UK but I suspect it was the same path taken by rats, stowing away on ships that crossed the Atlantic. But starlings were actually brough here on purpose by Shakespeare fans.

Love the Red squirrel. If we are swapping species how about taking some of our Cane Toads.

Love the Red squirrel. If we are swapping species how about taking some of our Cane Toads.

What would you like in return? I imagine they would freeze solid during the winter here.

What would you like in return? I imagine they would freeze solid during the winter here.
I was hoping just to give them to you as a gift from your friends down under ;) That would be the perfect outcome!

No thank you - I visited a town a little South of you a couple of years back - for around 4 weeks (Mandurah) - I have seen these toads- you can keep them :encouragement:

Les :)

Most reactions

Back