Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
This caught my eye...strange, eh?

4958325238_2d5eaeb27e_b.jpg

(Pssst!
1.gif
Dust specs on your sensor - not cloned out)

Do you think this bug got into that seed pod (or whatever it is?) by accident?

Good find ... now do you light your macro subjects?

This reminds me of something that happened to me a few years back.

I had read one winter that nasturtium plants have edible flowers that can be put in salads for both adornment and flavor. They are said to taste peppery with a bit of a zing. The following spring I popped a bunch of nasturtium seeds in a flower patch in front of my house, envisioning the multi-colored flowers in a nice summer salad!

A few months had passed and I was watering the flower patch late one afternoon as my wife drove up. I had not told her that the nasturtiums were edible and thought I'd play a trick on her. As she walked up the drive, I reached down, plucked a flower and brought it up to my mouth. She was shocked when I ate it!

I, in turn, was shocked at the flavor. It was peppery to say the least - in fact - it had an unexpected crunchiness and a lot of heat. When I reached down to get another, I made a horrifying discovery. Every single nasturtium flower had an earwig (the bug in your picture) burried in the middle.

So if anyone ever asks you what a nasturtium tastes like, tell them that they're crunchy and hot.

Yuck!

LaFoto - see other thread for lighting.

Spotted the dust - on lens not sensor, I think. At least, cleaned the lenses, no more dust. Macro must show the lens dirt up more than using lens normally.

Photosteve - lovely story! :puke:

Thanks for the "likes"

This reminds me of something that happened to me a few years back.

I had read one winter that nasturtium plants have edible flowers that can be put in salads for both adornment and flavor. They are said to taste peppery with a bit of a zing. The following spring I popped a bunch of nasturtium seeds in a flower patch in front of my house, envisioning the multi-colored flowers in a nice summer salad!

A few months had passed and I was watering the flower patch late one afternoon as my wife drove up. I had not told her that the nasturtiums were edible and thought I'd play a trick on her. As she walked up the drive, I reached down, plucked a flower and brought it up to my mouth. She was shocked when I ate it!

I, in turn, was shocked at the flavor. It was peppery to say the least - in fact - it had an unexpected crunchiness and a lot of heat. When I reached down to get another, I made a horrifying discovery. Every single nasturtium flower had an earwig (the bug in your picture) burried in the middle.

So if anyone ever asks you what a nasturtium tastes like, tell them that they're crunchy and hot.

Yuck!
:biglaugh:

Most reactions

Back