Wearing water like diamonds

I fourthed.

Oh, wait, that didn't come out right.

Never mind.

Thanks for looking and sharing your critique. Could the processing (which focused on getting 'pop' out of the water') be bothering you as well? Same image but softened:
View attachment 148115

Much worse. You can still tell the shadows are very harsh only now the whole image has been muddled up.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Thanks for looking and sharing your critique. Could the processing (which focused on getting 'pop' out of the water') be bothering you as well? Same image but softened:
View attachment 148115

Much worse. You can still tell the shadows are very harsh only now the whole image has been muddled up.

Very fine- got it. The light and totally the light. I still like the original image, but I appreciate your taking your time to analyze (twice) and to make a very valid observation. Thanks!

Last edited:
I agree ^^^. Personally I don't find the light to harsh in the original. The only thing I might suggest for next time is to work on the exposure to capture the detail in the water drops (like those in right lower petal) without blowing the highlights. I've done this before using reflectors to give nice even lighting. The other point would to adjust for greater DOF, or resort to focus stacking.
Totally agree! Given a do-over I would try to boost DOF just a tad.

Yeah, original was better. I liked the muted tones. Often roses are portrayed in a very vibrant color so it's nice to see something a little different.
Thanks for noticing! Yeah, I back off the red a bit to avoid it looking a bit cartoonish. Good catch!

Oooooooooooh, I love that!

Stuning capture.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back