In the country 60km north of Toronto, Canada
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
"2:44 PM EDT Sunday 02 August 2015
Severe thunderstorm watch in effect for:

• Innisfil - New Tecumseth - Angus
  • Orangeville - Grand Valley - Southern Dufferin County
  • Shelburne - Mansfield - Northern Dufferin County
A significant, widespread severe weather situation is likely this afternoon and extending well into this evening. A few clusters of strong to severe thunderstorms continue to affect parts of the Bruce Peninsula. Conditions will become increasingly favourable for the development of even stronger thunderstorms across Southwestern Ontario from regions east of Lake Huron and eventually farther south. Severe thunderstorms over eastern Lower Michigan are expected to become more organized, and will be capable of producing very strong wind gusts, large hail and heavy rain as they move into southwestern Ontario this afternoon. This watch will likely be extended southwards and eastwards throughout the afternoon as this dynamic thunderstorm situation continues to develop.

Very strong wind gusts can damage buildings, down trees and blow large vehicles off the road. Remember, severe thunderstorms can produce tornadoes. Be prepared for severe weather. Take cover immediately, if threatening weather approaches. Stay indoors when a thunderstorm strikes. There isn't a place outside that is safe during a thunderstorm. Stay away from all windows, skylights and doors."

View north across the road from our house.

P8020004_stitch-Edit.jpg

Here it comes Ron!

Just reading your text I heard the voice doing our weather alerts. I wonder if you get the same voice?

...My quote was from Environment Canada website.
So, one can assume that there's no sign of thunder, lightning, or rain?

Check out the news feed - Southern ON got hammered. Shortly after I posted the Watch was changed to a warning.

I know what you mean though, we call them the weather liars. Some times however, they get it right.

...My quote was from Environment Canada website.
So, one can assume that there's no sign of thunder, lightning, or rain?

Check out the news feed - Southern ON got hammered. Shortly after I posted the Watch was changed to a warning.

I know what you mean though, we call them the weather liars. Some times however, they get it right.
EC got one right? Wow... :eek: Heads are going to roll over that blunder!

Most reactions

Back