invisible

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Website
www.federicobuchbinder.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
p48383147-4.jpg

We found this collapsing barn in a farm near Beausejour (Manitoba), and received permission to shoot it in exchange for a couple prints for the owner. You gotta do what you gotta do, I guess ;)

great shot, no snow yet????

When can I go on a shoot w/ you.....lol

No way I would not look at a thread with this title! Another good one in the collapsing building series. If you post any of the inside of this one I will begin to fear greatly for your health!

The only quibble I can come up with is that I'm not sure the trees and bright sky area on the right really add anything. I would try cropping close to the right side of the building and darkening the remaining light sky on that side. But, then, if I'm not stopped I'll crop pretty much anything.

I like the composition, but the shading from the left of the image to the right of the image needs some tweaking, it throws the image out of balance.
Do you have any other angles of the barn?

Very nice photo. Maybe a little dark but otherwise I like it a lot. Did you just walk to the owner's front door to ask if you could take pictures of his barn? I'm always curious how people go about confronting unsuspecting people about this sort of thing.

Last edited:
This is beautifull,I love the old barns and buildings of times past done in black and white.Would love to of seen youre past post of the others youve taken.We have some old barns and homes really close to me here Ive taken pics my are no where near youre work but I still enjoy takeing them.

When can I go on a shoot w/ you.....lol
Whenever you want, baby ;)

No way I would not look at a thread with this title! Another good one in the collapsing building series. If you post any of the inside of this one I will begin to fear greatly for your health!
Haha, thanks! We are very careful when approaching abandoned buildings. Even if the interior had looked cool through the windows (it didn't), we wouldn't even have thought of entering this place.

The only quibble I can come up with is that I'm not sure the trees and bright sky area on the right really add anything. I would try cropping close to the right side of the building and darkening the remaining light sky on that side. But, then, if I'm not stopped I'll crop pretty much anything.
I like the composition, but the shading from the left of the image to the right of the image needs some tweaking, it throws the image out of balance.
Thanks, guys. The RHS brightness and the dark sky were conscious choices for added drama. That being said, feel free to reprocess the image to taste and post your results here :)

Did you just walk to the owner's front door to ask if you could take pictures of his barn? I'm always curious how people go about confronting unsuspecting people about this sort of thing.
Whenever we find an abandonment that interests us, we always try to ask the neighbours (if any) for permission or directions to where the owner lives. Even though I'm not comfortable knocking on people's doors, I'd feel even more uncomfortable if caught in someone else's property – regardless of the fact that I'm abiding by the local trespassing laws. So in this case we asked a couple farmers in their combines nearby and they pointed us towards where the owner lived. We swung by this gentleman's place, asked for his permission, and off to the races we went :)

This is beautifull,I love the old barns and buildings of times past done in black and white.Would love to of seen youre past post of the others youve taken.We have some old barns and homes really close to me here Ive taken pics my are no where near youre work but I still enjoy takeing them.
Thank you kindly. Here's a link to my monochrome images on Flickr – most of them are abandonments, though not all.

Thanks everybody for taking a look and commenting on this one!

Yeah, I disagree with this.

Liking the angle...

both of the barn collapse and the picture

Most reactions

Back