web page background

Darfion

Soapbox guru...
Reaction score
Website
www.darfion.co.uk
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Does any one know how to create a 'mesh' background using either photoshop or paintshop pro?

Thanks in advance

Not sure if this is what you were after...

But to make a tileable image to use as a background in photoshop you need to do 2 things. First offset the image. If you have an image that is 50x50 you would offset 25x25 and check wrap around. Then just clean up the lines in the image and you now have a tileable pattern.

Thanks Conk but Voodoo's give me enough info', I think as how to do it.
I'll give it a whirl and see how it goes. If you don't see one on my site I will have given it up as a bad job. :roll:

Cheers you two :wink:

im in the middle of building my web site (my first one, so its taking me a few days.. all those darn images to resize :p ) .... but i inquired with my hubby on my backgrounds and he told me to resize to 1024x1500 pixels ... depending if u want it to scroll or not and the size of the person's screen size .. or if u want to fit it to a smaller screen .. about 700x400 pixels ... and put it in a table as a background image, with another basic color that html offers for the edges..

if the image is smaller, the html code will repeat the image and the edges may not match ... i would try to go with a larger image (or if u only want plain backgrounds that the html code offers).

*as if i know what im talking about* :lol:

Dew said:
im in the middle of building my web site (my first one, so its taking me a few days.. all those darn images to resize :p ) .... but i inquired with my hubby on my backgrounds and he told me to resize to 1024x1500 pixels ... depending if u want it to scroll or not and the size of the person's screen size .. or if u want to fit it to a smaller screen .. about 700x400 pixels ... and put it in a table as a background image, with another basic color that html offers for the edges..

if the image is smaller, the html code will repeat the image and the edges may not match ... i would try to go with a larger image (or if u only want plain backgrounds that the html code offers).

*as if i know what im talking about* :lol:

Well it's usually a better practice to not use a big image for the background. Depends on what sort of background you are using....

im using an image as a background on all my pages and its relativly small :D

hehehehe ... im not sure if i will show it right away... im still gathering photos :D .. but i may give u a sneak peview in a couple of days :p

but beware, its only for the open minded :lol:

Is your website up yet Dew? Or anyone else with a new website? I enjoy checking out other's designs and composition.

I've been working on my site forever, it never gets done. :). So much to do, so little time.

Photo Friday has lots of links to other people's photo sites. You can put a link to your site when you submit a photo on their weekly challenge. I like viewing other's people's sites too to get ideas on layout and design and to see their collection of photos.

http://www.photofriday.com

Most reactions

Back