Webcam vs. Digital Camera for HD Recording with Laptop

ashishcomputing

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Hello,

Let me thank you in advance for providing your opinion. I am a newbie in Photographing. I am a percussion artist. I am preparing Video Tutorials in High Definition to be used as Products on my Website at home. I am low on budget, less than $100 for buying a low end digital camera or webcam (to record on my laptop at home).

My question from you is, under $100 which option will give me a better photographing, a Webcam or a Digital Camera. I assume a Webcam can do a better job as it is made for inhouse lighting and no complex features to spend on. And all the focus will be on the quality of Lense and other technology. A Digital Camera has so many options where company spends on. So with a Webcam I will get more worth related to my simple needs.

In $100 I can get a Pro Webcam while at the same price I will get an entry level Digital Camera.

Please guide with your valuable advice if a Webcam can do a better HD recording than an entry level Digital Camera?

Thank You.

Ashish

i have this webcam it records in 1080 and does a nice job, it also takes very nice pictures

Logitech® HD Pro Webcam C920

you can find it much cheaper on ebay for under 100.00
Logitech HD Pro Webcam C920 | eBay

It has done fine for me and i have no complaints about it but i have never used it for recording musical instruments, but no matter what way you intend to go with a webcam or dslr if you want good quality audio i think you will need to invest in some audio recording equipment.

some youtube reviews
http://www.youtube.com/results?sear....2.2.0...0.0...1ac.1j2.11.youtube.Bpwq5cPUjYk
Thats just my 2cents

Last edited:
As an eBay Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.

Most reactions

Back