fadingaway1986

I Burn Easily :(
Reaction score
Website
www.06photography.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Hey guys.

It seems the recent problems I have been having with my photo gallery are due to my webhosting.

I tried the exact same script on a free hosting site. The script worked fine - apart from the fact it didn't have GD access and it also wouldn't let me chmod to 777.

I have emailed my webhost with regards to the issue, AGAIN. I will see if he replies...

Does anyone know of a good webhosting service? I want paid - but not very expensive. A couple of hundred MBs, maybe 1GB bandwidth...

It will be sad to leave this host... As for some reason my 100MB space I am paying for, is for some reason now unlimited (I don't dare bring it up with him, incase I lose that!)...

But, if I can't get this script to work, theres no use having the hosting...

If you can suggest a hosting place (I would prefer one in Australia - but am willing to look outside australia), let me know your website, I will mention you if I sign up - and hopefully you will get something...

Thanks guys!

I use http://www.34sp.com but they are based in the UK, cost is £15 a year for 50mb space and 1gig transfer per month. Support and uptime are great, and it is a fully featured server, so you can run all sorts of things on there.

You can get cheaper with US hosting, but not sure of the quality of all of it, we used hostrocket for a while for our main site, but they had several problems and support was office hours in the US, which is a bit of a pain when they only get out of bed halfway through the day - this you need to consider if going outside of your country and into different timezones.

You can see if the 34sp servers are fast enough on that side of the world, have a look at http://www.artzam.com/cpg132 which is one of my sites with a coppermine gallery installed

Most reactions

New Topics

Back