website 2

bakstreet

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Has anyone used Yahoo SiteBuilder to creat their website? Maybe, you don't even need to have used it to help me out. I am trying to put a photo gallery I created with CS2 onto my website. How do I import this to my site. I'm slowly learning how HTML works but I could really use some help before I pull all my hair out. It is so frustrating and everything you read is different on the web. What I want is a simple way to put a photo gallery on my site, CS2 or not it doesn't matter to me.

I did mine using a combination of word, SWISH (a flash animation program) and JAlbum for the actual gallery. Jalbum is freeware and can generate a nice little gallery (I use the chameleon skin for mine). I played with the one in PS as well, but didn't like the look. In either case, you will upload the contents of what is generated from whatever program you choose to your public folder of your site. In the case of using Jalbum, it generates folders as well as an index.html page (by default) which serves as the index for your gallery that you will use for navigation. Of course, you can name it whatever you choose and I would name it something other than index given html navigation.

Might want to check it out as well, but the process will be the same in using the gallery created by PS.
http://jalbum.net/

Yeah, I think I have gotten that far. But, I can't see it on my page. I copy and paste the file with all the page, thumbnail, images and other files into my public file. But I can't figure out how to put on a certain page or even see it when I preview. I know it can't be this hard.

You are going to need some code to tell it to pull the files unless the gallery is stand along and then you will still need a link to it for people to access it.

If you used PS to create all the pages, just make the page you want to viewed first, named "index.html". I assume you already have web hosting? I am a web designer of 15 years, PM me if you have any other questions :)

Most reactions

New Topics

Back