Website designing?

scotch59

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I hope this is the right section for this thread.

anyways I used to have a website for my photography about a year ago, got lazy and didn't renew the membership with the hosting site. so now I am heavily contemplating starting one up again, since i am becoming a much more serious photographer.
My question is does anyone know of any good hosting sites where i could easily make a professional looking portfolio and have my own domain name, similar to livebooks, but much cheaper. my budget is maybe $100 - 120/year.

on my last site i made it all in fireworks and dream weaver and uploading and organizing photos was a huge pain and part of the reason i didn't renew my membership.

Any help is much appreciated.

-Ben

I hope this is the right section for this thread.

anyways I used to have a website for my photography about a year ago, got lazy and didn't renew the membership with the hosting site. so now I am heavily contemplating starting one up again, since i am becoming a much more serious photographer.
My question is does anyone know of any good hosting sites where i could easily make a professional looking portfolio and have my own domain name, similar to livebooks, but much cheaper. my budget is maybe $100 - 120/year.

on my last site i made it all in fireworks and dream weaver and uploading and organizing photos was a huge pain and part of the reason i didn't renew my membership.

Any help is much appreciated.

-Ben

Hi Ben.

I do understand your situation I would suggest go with a web-hosting company like bluehost.com or gatorhost.com both are very good for what you want and the price is around 80 dollars an year. That is for the webhosting about having a nice website.

If you are short of money I will tell you to buy a website template the price vary from 50 dollars up to 200

I can recommend www.zenfolio.com and their basic pro setup for $100 (click the link in my siggy) a year, but you (or anyone else) can get 10% off if you sign up using my referrral code: TEY-M6D-6DG .

I got my domain names from GoDaddy and apply it to my zenfolio site.

I can recommend www.zenfolio.com and their basic pro setup for $100 (click the link in my siggy) a year, but you (or anyone else) can get 10% off if you sign up using my referrral code: TEY-M6D-6DG .

I have the same setup as KmH (godaddy and zenfolio) and I point the emails to google apps so I have [email protected] for emails.

Ben, your concern is quite common being a creative professional myself i completely understand your concern, Coz photographers like us tend to become lazy sometimes when it comes to IT;)

I recommend build a Portfolio website using a easy to use Application Easy studio from Pixpa [pixpa.com] an Professional portfolio service for Photographers. Its a pay as you go application with a monthly rental of $15 or $150 Yearly so anytime you feel uncomfortable you can withdraw from it. They are also offering a 15 days free trial too.

You can easily upload multiple images, build unlimited galleries for specific themes of pics, build pages for ex about me, contact us, build video page and upload video, also have password protected galleries for client access.

What else ? They offer all the features from 100+ preset designs to choose, to social media integration, and integration with Fotomoto to sell your work online.

Why i am recommending Pixpa, coz i am into this industry for quite now & understand it thoroughly. Pixpa is an new service with genuine advantage to photographers.

im sorry but you sound like a spokesman for pixpa

so let me get this straight.. i would use Zenfolio to create the template for my website, which after the 10% off would be 90, then the hosting service would be a seperate 90 or so? if so.. thats pretty reasonable, especilly after seeing what livebooks cost.. 400/year. No Way!

And by the way love the website, yours and schwettylense's both look very nice, thats exactly what i am looking for

dont get hosting service, just register your domain through godaddy ($7/yr). Zenfolio will host the website. So it will cost you $107/year and you need almost 0 knowledge of HTML.

so let me get this straight.. i would use Zenfolio to create the template for my website, which after the 10% off would be 90, then the hosting service would be a seperate 90 or so? if so.. thats pretty reasonable, especilly after seeing what livebooks cost.. 400/year. No Way!

And by the way love the website, yours and schwettylense's both look very nice, thats exactly what i am looking for
I use one of Zenfolio's templates.

You don't need additional hosting.

The $100 a year lets you set your own prices on any price lists you have on your Zenfolio site.

You can do your own order fulfilment and Zenfolio gets 4% I think. Or you can do like I do and let Zenfolio and one of the B2B lab partners fulfill the order. In that case they get 12% of the sale.

You can do a free trail for 30 days.

oh cool thats not bad at all. I also found like templates for 60 - 100$ per template
at Art & Photography Web Templates | Art & Photography Flash Templates | Template Monster (not trying to advertise for them) but how would that differ from zenfolio? it seems like in the long run may be cheaper, unless there are some strings attached to the templatemonster site.

And thank you guys for all your help.. I really appreciate it. im a Noob when it comes to website stuff :(

Zenfolio is more like a service.. template is more like a product. Once you have the template, then what? Is there a way for someone to buy a photo on your website?

Zenfolio is more like a service.. template is more like a product. Once you have the template, then what? Is there a way for someone to buy a photo on your website?

Ok. I see. that makes sense i wasn't really planning on selling (at least as of now), but I have no idea what the future holds so that probably would be handy in the long run since i see that they are linked with some printing services. .. i think i will start the free trial now I really like the look of Zenfolio and the price especially! Thnak You so much!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back