Website help...first-timer

Designing websites is and is not easy to do. It depends on what your intent is. If you just want to have something up for people to see your work, yes, but if you want something that says, hey, I'm a professional in my field and be different from the thousand other people in my field, creating a custom, professional site is not easy. Clients know when you use a template, because they've probably have seen the template ten times already because of other people using it. It takes a lot of time and talent, especially when making it compatible for all the popular browsers, and mobile devices. Hiring someone that knows what they are doing and has some search engine optimization skills, will know how to get your site ranked so more people will come across your site in the search engines.

What is the purpose of the 'site/blog? If it's for commercial work, than you're missing a zero. Search photographic websites and find examples that you like and go from there. The level of HTML that you need to build a simple, attractive website can be learned in an afternoon.

Thanks for the advice.

It's for portrait photography...mainly families and engaged couples. I want to have a blog to draw potential clients in, with about one post per week... Also would be nice to have a gallery/portfolio area. I spend a lot of time on my photography, so I don't want the website to make my work look cheap.

And I don't have the time to learn all that coding stuff.

Use tables and make yourself a nice banner using photoshop. As long as your layout works, simple designs can look professional

Most reactions

New Topics

Back