Website music

Our customers love music with images. Everybody's got their own opinion, but it works great for us.

Its one thing to have music play when the viewer explicitly chooses to run an automated slide show on a web page and another thing altogether to have it automatically play when you view the home page or some informational page.

When I encounter the later, I close the site and look elsewhere. It tells me that the site's owner's taste and standards of courtesy are too dissimilar from mine. Because there are so many rude sites out there, I'm forced to keep the sound off on my machines (volume at zero on my speaker system), turning it on only when it is specifically desired.

I'm much, much, much more annoyed with pop-ups, flashy ads that appear in the content of a web site. Music doesn't bother me much, and if I don't like it, it take all of one second to turn it off/down.

I believe you do want synchronization rights with your music. Since the RIAA and other music associated companies are cracking down on what they call "theft" of music, it is a very good idea to purchase a proper license for the music you plan on using with your slide shows or what have you.

I am using a site called targetmarketmusic.com . They have a smaller but growing library of very high quality music and at a fair price. Check them out. Ironically, their website has auto-playing music on it, so dont be deterred cause of that. :)

Most reactions

Back