Website stealing and selling images

I put a watermark on most my images but can be easily removed or cropped off. IMO nothing worse then a watermark across the middle of image.

Put a watermark on your image if you don't want it stolen.

If you think that really works, try again.
It is certainly better than putting nothing. of course it it can be easily removed but it is more than just that. It is getting other people to notice when you images are being stolen. I've had people let me know when my images are being ripped because they knew it was mine in the first place.

The website looks really hinky. I went to the shop part and it shows the same page just some small pictures below. It's probably run by some shady people.

Hey guys , I'm new here, Mind asking a quick question. I am thinking of buying a new camera for under $300, and I am thinking for a camcorder 'Canon Vixia HF R500'
Would you guys please suggest an other good one :) Thanks

paigew said:
All my stolen images are watermarked [emoji12]

Oh, wow--mine are too! No, wait, if they're stolen from me, then aren't they the property of their new owners?:chuncky:

Just checked out that site, and it's really weird. According to their ticker on the side, it doesn't look like a whole lot of people are printing from them, but I agree with some of the above posts, it's stealing. The book analogy was great.

I still haven't heard anything about my order. But then again, I haven't been prompted to pay for it either.

P.S. That brings up a question I've had for a while - how do you prevent people from right clicking and copying or downloading your images?

Any insight on this would be greatly appreciated. I want to protect my work. Thanks.

P.S. That brings up a question I've had for a while - how do you prevent people from right clicking and copying or downloading your images?

Any insight on this would be greatly appreciated. I want to protect my work. Thanks.

Depends on the software used to create the hosting site.

You can't. Any "right-click protection" scheme you see is bogus. I don't even use right-click to capture my own images. I use some image capture software, and it doesn't even activate the right-click mechanism. You can be assured that anyone stealing your images will do the same.

If you really want to protect your images, register them with the U.S. Copyright Office, or the appropriate national office if you're a resident of a country that's part of the Berne Convention. In the U.S. at least, a registered image can cost a violator up to $150,000 + lawyer's fees, while an unregistered image, while still copyrighted, will only get you actual losses.

I also put the copyright notice, in small print, at the bottom of each photo. If a company crops that off, then I have a case for intentional removal of the notice, which carries statutory fines of up to $25,000 per image.

How does registering your image prevent someone from downloading it?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back