website

smallball

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I am trying to build a website and to find someone to host it. I am currently using Smugmug. Someone suggested Bludomain. I read some interesting feedback on their customer service. Does anyone have expreince with them? or do you have another company that will build and host photography website? thank you

I know people who think Bludomain is the best of the best.

I also know people who think Bludomain is the worst of the worst.

I can find people on both sides for any web host you would care to name.

Unless you are willing to solicit a statisticlly significant # of users for each web host you consider, you're pretty much on your own.

In other words, a query like this on a forum is essentially as useful as flipping a coin, heads - yes, use (insert web host name here), tails for - no, don't use (insert web host name here). ;)

I use one of Bludomain's templates but I host it on JustHost. The template was only $50 and they changed another $50 to set it up for me on JustHost. It's very easy to use and was all I really needed. My daughter has a couple of sites with them and they host the sites for her. She has had good experience with them as have I.

I registered my domain with Godaddy and am hosting with Wix... couldn't be happier with both. The customer service with Wix is out of this world.

Godaddy is cheap but slow at peak times. 1and1 is fast but costs more. If you go with godaddy, chose either european or american servers depending on location

I use godaddy as the registrar and 1and1 as my host.

the actual website i built myself

I registered my domain with Godaddy and am hosting with Wix... couldn't be happier with both. The customer service with Wix is out of this world.
what do you mean exactly when you register your domain with godaddy and host with wix.. I don't understand. thank you

I have heard good things about Squarespace. From what I have seen its very easy to get a site setup.

I host and have my domains with 1and1

Sounds like you want a ready made solution. SquareSpace has really nice designs and is user friendly, but is a bit much on the month to month basis from what I have heard other say.

I used to help my sister out with a WordPress site but she moved over to WIX.com and is a big fan of the simplicity for DIY'ers.

Hosting is your online storage / web space. Domains are the names that point to your hosting . web space. The don't have to be from the same provider. Your domain has settings so you can point it to whatever hosting you want.

Zombie thread

Most reactions

New Topics

Back