Websites done cheap!

judson

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I need a website. At the moment, my budget is VERY tight. I need someone economical that does not look like @@$@$!

Anyone got suggestions for hosting and a webdesigner or something pre-canned that I can put up and run with?

You can find many nice inexpensive templates online. Do a search for free web site templates. There are some nice ones for around $35 each. Ad far as web hosting, try "Tigertech" $75 a year.

I used website Builder - I put it on my webspace and use it with a template that I modified very slightly. It's free. People here are likely to tell you whether it's good or whether it sucks. It costs nothing but time so try it.

I use freewebs and I think mine looks decent. You can upgrade to your own domain for not too much. Link is in my signature.

http://www.oswd.org/ is also good for free templates.

If you want to consider learning to do it yourself at all, I'd recommend "Build your own website the right way using HTML & CSS" published by Sitepoint. It's very easy to follow and won't take you long at all to get the basics down. What's more it doesn't require that you have some fancy piece of software to begin with.

I noticed that not one person here offered their services to you... I don't know if you've found someone to do your website or not but I have created a few websites... nothing spectacular and I don't do any flash but if you want a clean looking professional website I'm sure I could come up with something. As far as price... I am flexible depending on what you want done. PM me and we can talk.

If you would like an example of what I can do you could check out our old company website... the company is no longer in service and therefore the company information pages are no longer accessible but you can check out the general design ... just go here: http://www.absolutehomecomfort.com/misc.htm ... just remember there will be broken links.

If this type of reply is not allowed on here then please accept my apologies.

ttfn
CDL.

Judson,

I'm currently in the final stages of finishing an online service for photographers which might be of interest.

Basically it allows photographers to upload their images, arrange them into albums, set the pricing, create portfolios, set print sizes, paper types, options etc. It also allows the photographer to manage their customers and make certain photo albums public or private. There are also a number of color schemes and templates that will be available with many more to come.

Best of all, it allows you as a photographer to accept credit card from anywhere in the world securely.

Finally, it's free. The only charges are of course the Credit Card merchant fees that we get charged when your customers purchase from you, obviously we pass these fees on but they're automatically deducted from your customer income anyway.

I have a blog at http://photomerchant.net where I will be releasing more information as time goes on as well as posting tips for photographers trying to start or run a successful photography business. I've been working on this product / service for over a year now and it's just about ready to launch.

Anyhoo, feel free to keep the blog bookmarked or subscribe to the RSS feed. I'm posting about 3 times a week.

Derek
http://photomerchant.net

We used bludomain.com to create ours. Outstanding flash websites and hosting for super cheap!

I was in a similar situation a couple months back. I taught myself Frontpage through web searches and asking questions on this and other forums. I found none of the template based site were what I was looking for (too generic) take a loko at www.ryandiciccophotography.com If you have front page I could help you build your own site. I had no prior experience in web design or anything close so if I can do it anyone can. Im not saying my site is great by any means but I like it better than a template based site.

GDay Derek,
I want to create a website to sell photos online. I have had a few people respond with good intentions yet none have delivered. Infact they have dissapeared.

ISP's are quoting fixed IP charges and SSL certificates etc at additional costs.

I just want a site created and start the business. What can you do for me ?

atp,

Doing it yourself can be expensive, especially once your factor in SSL certificates, merchant charges, bank fees etc.

PhotoMerchant is designed from the ground up for photographers. PhotoMerchant is a subscription based (there is a FREE subscription option) hosting, sales, presentation and marketing tool which allows photographers to get their website online quickly and start selling prints to their customers at their prices.

When you sign up you will be given a website which can be customized by you. You then upload the photos you want to sell. Choose the products you want to sell (print sizes, paper types, other options). You set pricing on these products as well as shipping and tax etc.

Your subscription also gives you complete credit card merchant facilities for Visa, Mastercard, Diners and Amex so your customers can pay instantly online.

At launch, you will be able to charge your customers in either USD, CAD, GBP or AUD which means on their credit card statement your customer doesn't see a conversion fee if their credit card is held in one of these currencies.

Down the track we're planning to add around another 4 currencies. However, the system supports around 170 currencies, however, a conversion will occur. This is done by the customer's bank, not us.

We're currently working like crazy to get the product finished (it's going through testing now) and we're planning to launch in the next few months.

Basically it allows you to be setup with your website with all the e-commerce features you need to customize it to your business.

I'll be starting to release more information on the blog at http://photomerchant.net over the coming weeks. At this stage we're planning 5 subscription levels. Free, Lite, Amateur, Professional and Enterprise. For most people we suggest you start out with the free subscription to see how you find the product and then upgrade if you outgrow it.

There's a huge list of features and functionality that would take me a much longer post to go into, but if you have any specific questions about what it will offer please feel free to ask me and I'll do my best to answer them.

Cheers heaps for the insight of what could be a massive breakthrough for people like me. I have read your site and i liked the detail and realistic approach you went about your blogs. Most people skip the little points, you dont and thats what i like.
I have hundreds of photos i want to post online. I have 2 ISPs with gigs of storage space and a profession in graphic design behind me so im not new to the field.
Chat again soon.

Most reactions

Back