wedding album pricing

guitarkid

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Website
www.roxystudios.net
hey guys, this is a great site and this my first post. i have been into photography, video editing, and audio engineering (along with guitarplaying) for the last 18 years. i'm only 34. i love it all. there's my introduction. i decided to incorporate digital wedding photography wtih video production of weddings. i'm now at the point of setting up wedding albums. i will be going with leathercraftsmen. i was curious, how much would any of you suggest the markup be on a wedding album? 2X's cost, 3X's, 1.5X's, etc. thanks, and i look forward to reading through many of these posts. great site!

steve

I agree with Cindy, putting the album together takes a lot of time and effort, I charge 3-4 x cost depending on the album type.

Yeah, those puppies take a while. The digital albums take me a full day to do. The traditional albums take me even longer than that because I'm a dork and I get the photos in crooked. :)

Yup, same here. I do traditional albums. They take a long time to design. 2x~4x. Depending on what income level market you aim for. I try to target lower income couples. I use Artifex albums because they're affordable and they help me keep my costs down. The albums I get from them costs around 300. so 300 x 3 = 900 plus what I charge for my packages.

Thanks Jason, for bring a 5 year old dead thread back to life. Congratulations.

hey guys, been awhile. i was looking through my old posts and decided to resurrect this one to see if you still feel the same way. I have an outstanding lab that does the full, top of the line design and leather bound heavy library digital albums! cost is about $600 so that would mean $2400 at 4x...that sounds crazy steep. in these rough times i have not sold one album, not to mention, received many clients at all. the price for my album of that nature is $950. I know most studios to an album like this quality at $1000. I'm focusing on ala carte package instead of multiple packages and they can add albums there if they wish.

Hi, I offer different album for my clients. I just add 30% of the price my lab has and then another 500-700$ for the design, which I do in Photoshop or Indesign. So my albums are on my pricelist between 800 and 2000$. They're all high quality! Regards

I agree with the economy I am letting my clients build their weddings ala carte . But I am try to make it affortable to get them an album . I have have allowed a gift prograpm to let wedding guest put toward there wedding album . Its another option reather then getting something they dont want or need.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back