Wedding Contracts

You are most welcome April! :hug::

I'd love to see the changes you've made. I'm going to do some tweaking soon, and I'm always in favor of more butt covering. :confused:

haha, well to be honest I haven't made a ton of huge changes since I've been busy. But, I am going to do my bf's sister's wedding and she and her fiance and their Dad and stepmom are all lawyers so I'm going to ask them to take a look at it and let me know if there are any glaring omissions or changes I should make to cover my butt more. I will of course pass on anything they say about it!

what would happen if you have no contract and you were sick and could not attend?

but if there is no contract how could it be proved.

im just being devils advocate here

The contract is there to protect you. Otherwise you have zero protection.

And if I was a judge who heard that a wedding photographer didn't show at what is essentially a once in a lifetime event, and immensely important right of passage, I'd give the bride the legal limit. Be glad I'm not a judge. :)

just wrote my contract using some of your stuff.

included was

your bit about not attending due to illness ect.

i wrote underneath

THERE IS NO SECOND PHOTOGRAPHER AND YOU WILL HAVE TO MAKE OTHER ARRANGEMENTS IF ANY OF THE ABOVE HAPPENS

does this cover me enough

i am a hobby photographer and people i do weddings for i make this known i am not a member of any organisation.

:hug::

thanks for your help

No Jols,
Sorry, but I wouldn't be confident to sign such an arrangement. You need to have emergency backup.
If you can't or won't, you need to state that in the case of GRAVE ILLNESS (hospitalized) you will make all attemps to find a backup, but if you are unable to, you will refund 100 percent of the package price.
That's the bare minimum in my opinion.

but if they agree to sign and understand what im saying then they sign i would be covered?

Yeah, basically, if they sign something saying "I might not come because I'm feeling icky, and I can't promise you backup, but you can't have any money back" type arrangement, then you would be covered, and a way better salesman than I am.
Good luck with that! LOL

thats cool thanks for your help.

i dont take any payment until i give them the proofs, so i wouldnt have any of their money anyway. so thats good.

thanks again for your contract:hail:

im sure it has help a tonne of people

thats cool thanks for your help.

i dont take any payment until i give them the proofs, so i wouldnt have any of their money anyway. so thats good.

thanks again for your contract:hail:

im sure it has help a tonne of people

You don't take anything upfront as a deposit ?

Most reactions

Back