Wedding Photo C&C please

Puma

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit

Ok ...a little background info. I was not hired to be the photographer...uncle schmo from kokomo actually got the gig..lol. He went to walmart and bought a "nice fancy camera" rigfht before the wedding.

Anyway...schmo is next to me asking me why his flash only pops sometimes and not all the time...lol... I didnt have time for schmo..cuz I actually did get the dj/mc gig for this wedding.

Anyway .I was able to setup the bride and groom for just one shot with me.

Let me know what y'all think

#1 Color copy
DSC_0022.jpg

#2 B&W copy cropped
DSC_0022bw.jpg

-Puma-

Good composition and idea, but he groom should have been in focus. If the bride was looking at you, she would have stayed in focus.

~Michael~

Good composition and idea, but he groom should have been in focus. If the bride was looking at you, she would have stayed in focus.

~Michael~

you used PP to blur out around the bride didnt you? It wasnt a large aperture shot?

it would've been better if we can at least see either one of their expressions. You could've asked the bride to tilt her head a little bit or you can try and find for the right angle. We can't see their expressions clearly on this picture. But I like the idea that the groom is at the back and the bride is looking back at him.

Yes I used PP to blur out the groom...he was in focus on the original shot...so that was my intention.

I also made the bride look back...not such a good idea? I thought it would be different...I wasnt getting paid..so I was experimenting...and thats why im asking for y'alls comments and such.

Thanks,
-Puma-

I thought it looks good. But looking at the bottom of her dress and the grass is all blurred.. looks very weird.

Yeah I agree with that..I was wondering how I should of handled that better...maybe keep up to the dress in focus and gradually blur it as I go back.

-Puma-

I think i know the idea you are going for, but without seeing either face it doesnt really come across. I dont think its a lost idea but one to continue to work on. Possibly take the shot behind the groom to where you see the back of his head blurred, and the bride in focus looking at him. The same idea is conveyed but a little more pleasing to someone viewing the photo. Just an idea.

Yeah I agree with that..I was wondering how I should of handled that better...maybe keep up to the dress in focus and gradually blur it as I go back.

-Puma-

Well, the right way to do it would be with a fast lens. That way you don't have to worry about trying to make it look natural, because it will be natural. I have seen very few examples of fake bokeh, that look good or natural. You're best off just doing it the real way.

I also made the bride look back...not such a good idea? I thought it would be different...I wasnt getting paid..so I was experimenting...and thats why im asking for y'alls comments and such.

Thanks,
-Puma-

This is never a good excuse for any mistake(s).

I'm having trouble understanding this shot. Her pose and body language look as though she is about to do the bouquet toss, but it's the groom standing behind her.

-Puma-

If the blur is on its own layer, you could mask that layer and then reveal DOF plane where the bride is standing. If you are simulating shallow DOF the foreground will be blurred, then the in focus plane, then a second OOF area.

This pic has what I am trying to describe. This is done with the aperture though, not in post.
zmcgrv

Most reactions

Back