Wedding photographer's nightmare

Welcome to the site!

The only part of your story that raises my blood pressure is that planner's daughter coming in with her DSLR and having the gall to shoot and post like it were her wedding. You definitely need to make sure that kind of bullcrap is specifically prohibited in your contract with all future clients. That's the sort of thing I make very sure to address in person before the wedding. I've had to walk up to other vendors before and tell them to put their camera away. I provide watermarked images to the other vendors for their personal use...

Other shooters should not worry you if you are good, i'd like to see you walk upto me and tell me to put my camera away

are you saying you would not put your camera away if the bride and groom were under contract not to allow any guests to use cameras?
seems kinda crappy not to follow the rules at someone elses venue.

We don't have crap like that over here, if you are good enough other photographer should not worry you but 98% i have seen on here would have a lot to worry about

Other shooters should not worry you if you are good, i'd like to see you walk upto me and tell me to put my camera away

are you saying you would not put your camera away if the bride and groom were under contract not to allow any guests to use cameras?

We don't have crap like that over here, if you are good enough other photographer should not worry you but 98% i have seen on here would have a lot to worry about

yea, I guess there are differences over here.
for instance, over here, we honor our word and contracts.
but, however you want to do it over there is fine too.
im not sure why you keep bringing picture quality into this discussion, because that has never been what the issue was about.
I dont know if you skipped over the last page of this thread, but most of us have already established that the "contract rules" are really just there in case you have someone physically getting in your way, NOT to try and exclude uncle Joe from taking some photos from his seat.

honestly, I cant think if ANY job where it is OK to actively get in the way of the hired person trying to do their job.
why is it that it should be acceptable for someone to disrupt the photographer?

yea, I guess there are differences over here.
for instance, over here, we honor our word and contracts.
but, however you want to do it over there is fine too.
im not sure why you keep bringing picture quality into this discussion, because that has never been what the issue was about.
I dont know if you skipped over the last page of this thread, but most of us have already established that the "contract rules" are really just there in case you have someone physically getting in your way, NOT to try and exclude uncle Joe from taking some photos from his seat.

honestly, I cant think if ANY job where it is OK to actively get in the way of the hired person trying to do their job.
why is it that it should be acceptable for someone to disrupt the photographer?

Have you ever seen a UK Premiur football match ? it usually happens to the ref every week

Most reactions

Back