Wedding Photographers Unite: NOT ANOTHER NOOBIE/Wedding Post

Posting a copy is not going to help many people here, as it is in French, but the translation is basically as such:

This is a legal and binding agreement between (his name and company) and (my full name). It is agreed that (his name) is to mentor (my name) in the aspects concerning photography. It shall include both the business and photographic aspects with a focus on basic to advanced photographic techniques oriented to wedding photography. The mentoring has a final goal of (my name) becoming an effective secondary wedding photographer.

Upon completion of training, (his company name) guarantees that (my full name) shall assist as a secondary wedding photographer for the sole benefit of gaining real life experience. This is a one time only event and no other promises or guarantees of future participation or employment are offered or implied.

In that (his company name) is offering their knowledge, training and the opportunity of experience at an actual wedding event, (my full name) agrees to the following points without reservation:

- that there is no monetary compensation involved. The business transaction is the exchange of information on the part of (his company name) and the return of services as a secondary photographer by (my full name).

- that (my full name) is receiving information, knowledge and experience from (his company name) for the sole benefit of experience and knowledge only and shall not open or operate any manner of business that can be construed as competition against (his company name) for a minimum of 24 months.

- that any and all photographs taken by (my full name) while within the activity as a secondary photographer for (his company name), remain the exclusive property of (his company name) and that (my full name) may not under any condition, use any photographs for any reason. These reasons include, but are not limited to, public or private display on the internet or portfolio use.

Signed, agreed to and witnessed by:

(his company name) .................. (my name) ......... (witness name)
on this date of (date) in the city of (city of signing of the contract)

And that is pretty much it in a nutshell.

Most reactions

Back