What's new

Wedding Pics

I dont know if it's my monitor thats making it look this way (no one else mentioned it), most of the B&W photos look like there is way too much contrast. the Blacks are very black. Especially in #9, you can't any texture on the guy's shirt.
 
Did you charge them $3,000 for these? (lol)

I like #7, of one of the bridesmaid's snapping a photo of the bride as she and a member of her wedding party make fish-lips kissy faces to one another. Kind of a neat behind the scenes moment from the wedding. Everybody involved will like the shot.

No way would I charge $3,000 for these. To be honest I charge about $100/hr with a three hour minimum for friends of friends.
And thanks for the comment too! ;-)
 
i agree 7 is a good shot. There are a lot of lens flare on 9. What can typically avoid those lens flare? Getting a good lens hood should do the trick right?

This is the only time I was looking for lens flare. You're are correct though, a decent lens hood would mitigate some of the lens flare. I had to lay on the ground to get this shot and am pretty happy with the result (speaking about #9)
 
What kind of lens did you use on the day?

do you think you could tell us the fstop :) I would really like to know how these pics turned out so great.

I'm on a different computer but I was shooting with both D90's and my Sigma 70-200 2.8 and 24-70 2.8-4.0. Most of the shots were taken with the 24-70 with an F-stop between 3.5-5.6 (this lens isn't really too sharp wide open. I know this is common among all lenses but even more evident with this one).
 
I dont know if it's my monitor thats making it look this way (no one else mentioned it), most of the B&W photos look like there is way too much contrast. the Blacks are very black. Especially in #9, you can't any texture on the guy's shirt.

Looking on this laptop they do seem too contrasty. While I do like a lot of contrast in my B&Ws I believe that my calibrated monitor at home shows hints of details in the blacks. It's something I'll double check though :thumbup:
 
Thanks again to everyone for your kind words and comments. I hate doing weddings and have turned down several opportunities over the past few weeks. I only do this for friends now. Too much work, stress, and pressure for me. I'm trying to start a small childrens photography business and spend most of my time pestering friends to let me take pictures of their kids for marketing purposes lol
 
Of all the shots I didn't think the candid one would be the best. I guess that goes to show that posed pictures just aren't as fun to look at. At least mine anyway :lmao:
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom