wedding rings

Robin Usagani

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
I am shooting my neighbor's wedding tomorrow. I am cheating a bit. I am shooting their ring 2 nights ago so I dont have to deal with it at the actual day lol. Which one is the best?  FYI, the engagement ring is the groom's grand mother's. The wedding bands the groom made them him self because he works at a machine shop. So it is nothing fancy. But it is all about what they signify, not quality or price. Shall I take some more?
  1. IMG_8121.jpg
  2. IMG_8124.jpg
  3. IMG_8145.jpg
  4. IMG_8158.jpg
  5. IMG_8163.jpg
  6. IMG_8164.jpg
  7. IMG_8180.jpg
  8. IMG_8205.jpg

acck.. i see hair or fabric on the crown. I will clone it out.

I like 3, 7 and 8 best..... I think these show of the rings to their best advantage! On 8, the bokeh is a little distracting on the top ring.. but still nice. Nice shots!

I just realized #8 looks like a #8. I swear i didnt plan that LOL.

I think 7 is the best of the engagement ring but I don't think that the wedding rings look particularly good in any of them.
They have a utilitarian look and look pretty 'unfinished' next to the engagement ring.

I agree Lew. That is why I explained about the rings. Oh well...

Unfortunately the two bands look like mechanical parts from a motor or something - not a lot you can do with them.

I like the last pix, the circles of confusion are terrific and are a metaphor for life ahead for the newlyweds, with its brightness but uncertainties (while the rings, and their commitments, are solid).

Symbolism of #5 might be better with both parties on equal footing instead of the stacking (dominance of one over the other), though I would have put the diamond one in middle and shown in front of the other two (implying the engagment is over). however, I'm not sure I like the darkeness of it - has a gloomy look.

I don't see rings. I don't see diamonds. I love diamonds. I see bokeh. I love bokeh too, but I like diamonds more.

Last edited:
Try for a wee bit more DoF, or focus stack, and layer to not effect the bokehlights.A brass ring? Green finger!

Bitter, focus stack is something I'm not familiar with. Beverytime I change the focus point, the zoom change quite a bit on my tamron. What am I supposed to do?

Bitter, out of these, which one is the best?

Can you crop lower on the last shot to take advantage of the reflection on the table and likewise placing the diamond higher in the frame, tone down the bokeh and highlight the stone?

Most reactions

New Topics

Back