Wee Chickadee

PixelRabbit

A naughty little bunny...
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Spent a bit of time shooting the birds the other day, this is my fav of the bunch, the autumn colours are a wonderful backdrop and I like how it shows how itty bitty these guys are :)

Would love to hear your thoughts, thanks for taking a look!

IMG_0377-1 by Judi Smelko, on Flickr

Oh my gosh Judi. This might be my favorite chickadee picture ever.

Wow Barb, thank you!

Wonderful!

Nominated for POTM, October, 2014.

HA! Let those other contestants sweat!

O.K., in this shot the colors are completely in harmony, nearly matching in fact, and the balance is superb. Furthermore the lines of the bird are echoed in the twigs (or vice-versa).

What a cutie! We had a chickadee nest this summer in our yard, but I missed seeing the babies since I couldn't hike the property with my ankle broken. :-( any who, this is a lovely photo with great colors. And seriously, is there a bird with a better name? Chickadee, chickadee...... Okay, Im posting before coffee again, better quit while I am behind.... ;-)

Wonderful!

O.K., in this shot the colors are completely in harmony, nearly matching in fact, and the balance is superb. Furthermore the lines of the bird are echoed in the twigs (or vice-versa).
Wow, Designer, thank you! :icon_hug:

Thanks so much all :)

Great shot!

Love the muted tones of the photo, background perfectly accentuates the bird or is it the bird accentuating the fall colors lol,,,,either way it's a very nice shot!

Wonderful!

Am I missing something here. I think the photo is ok but I don't know that I would frame it on my wall.

Each to his own. Whenever I go ape over a photograph it is because I really like it.

nice, there does seem to be a distinct line on the left toward the end of the bottom branch that appears to be a processing issue.

I do like the colors and believe they work great together. Not sure if I like the bird toward the top of the frame the branch seems more the centerpiece. very pretty and soothing though.

For those of you who have doubts about this composition, try these simple exercises.

Note that the colors are repeating. The brown, the gray, the white, and the black are all present in both the bird and the branches.

Next; check the lines. The lines of the bird's tail, head feathers, and cheek feathers are echoed in the branches.

Thirdly; the balance. The bird is the only animal, and is "balancing" the weight of the branches by its position in the frame.

Lastly, the background is completely blurred, and very nearly a uniform color which serves perfectly to isolate the main subject.

IOW; a very good composition.

looks to be on the dark side, I would probably brighten it up a bit but i think its a very nice shot.

Most reactions

Back