Weed, C&C

JamieR

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
This is a weed over here in the UK, not quite sure why though.

Manual
1/160s
f/2.8
ISO 200
50mm

3551845382_bcea8a6db1_o.jpg

Definitely like the pic. The colors provide nice contrast and I think the smaller subject pulls the viewers attention into the photo.

I do have to criticize the misleading thread title though... I was expecting something else. ;)

Thank you for the comment.

It wouldn't be misleading if you didn't have a naughty mind ;)

i for one don't like that the subject ocupies to little of the pic. other than that great focus and colors. i have a pic of the same weed here
did a little digging up and it looks like this weed is called forget-me-not

Last edited:
I like how to subject is surrounded by a lot of space but it isn't lost, it still manages to draw your eye to it due to the contrasting colors. I don't think it takes anything away from the photo, but I'd love to hear other peoples views.

The title may not be the most appropriate....but that's just me... ;)

Interesting composition. Usually I would not like a photo with that much background space, but on this I think it works quite well being that there is nothing too distracting back there and the blue bounces right off that green beautifully. I also like how much detail you got in the flower and you exposed it perfectly. Also, who cares about the title, its a weed for cryin out loud.

well i came here expecting to see something else but i like the pic

Interesting composition. Usually I would not like a photo with that much background space, but on this I think it works quite well being that there is nothing too distracting back there and the blue bounces right off that green beautifully. I also like how much detail you got in the flower and you exposed it perfectly. Also, who cares about the title, its a weed for cryin out loud.

Thank you!

sburatorul: you told him before I could! :) I wanted to tell him that this is a forget-me-not. We have many of them in our garden (which tells you quite something about the extent - a-hem - of weeding I usually do ... so far I haven't done any as yet, and IT SHOWS!)

I for my part like that you have only one "stem" with flowers in the photo, that the flowers (and they are TINY!) have droplets on them (!), and that there is so much green background! But then that's me, you know. Green and droplets... :lovey:

Beautiful photo!

Thanks & Thanks :)

Most reactions

Back