Weeds can be pretty too and some other stuff

Cameron Cushman

TPF Noob!
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Went out today on a super hot day, went down to hugh tayler park in fort lauderdale florida. Came across some iguanas, alot of golden silk orb weavers and a arigiope spider and then the coon. Enjoy

C&C please

Small5-1.jpg

Small9.jpg

Small3-1.jpg

Small1-2.jpg

Small1-1.jpg

Small5-2.jpg

Small10.jpg

lol raccoons and little spiders attacking bigger spiders = some other stuff?
I like #2 and #7 :)

Very good set of shots - I especialy like the last t a good use of depth of field and a really interesting and colourful subject - is that a baby spider behind or a male - or another species ?

I am almost certain that the smaller spider in number 7 is a male. I have never seen a male that small but close to it. I only thing is that in all the other nest there were no other males, seeing im pretty sure breeding season is coming to a end, and typically the females will eat the males after breeding.

In my opinion, number 7 is the strongest of the lot. The composition and especially the angle are different from what you typically see for these kinds of subjects, which sets this image apart. The main subject seems to be in perfect focus, although a bit more of DOF would have maybe helped here (e.g., the legs closer to the lower part of the image are a bit soft). I like that you only find the smaller spider after taking a closer look. The bokeh is cool, yet I can't decide whether the lighter background helps the cause (by making the subject more clear) or if it is a bit distracting. In any case, I really like the end result.

man im glad women arnt as big as that spider compared to the male. i like 5 and 7. 5 because of the composition and the background. 7 because of how you got the male and the female and the colour on the females abdomin. well done.

Most reactions

Back