Week 42|43 B&W Challenge: Stripes

@jcdeboever

JC it just makes me silent, but remember that because of your enormous enthusiasm for film I finally have been doing more and more with film since 2 years, but completely for myself and certainly not to share on this forum, so thank you.

Last edited:
JC it just makes me silent, but remember that because of your enormous enthusiasm for film I finally have been doing more and more with film since 2 years, but completely for myself and certainly not to share on this forum, so thank you.

Maybe this deserves its own thread here goes anyway ... one aspect to film relative to digital is the random grain. So, I'm wondering -- and again -- maybe this should have its own thread, for those who do film ( @jcdeboever ), when you digitize it does it lose some of that character?

Maybe this deserves its own thread here goes anyway ... one aspect to film relative to digital is the random grain. So, I'm wondering -- and again -- maybe this should have its own thread, for those who do film ( @jcdeboever ), when you digitize it does it lose some of that character?
I have not found (via scanner) that it effects it very much.... Providing I scan the negative with zero adjustment and adjust the curves (well exposed image in camera gets the "S" curve) and sharpen (100%) in post. I have found this preserves the look and feel of film as if I was printing it in the Darkroom. I wish I had a drum scanner, then it would be darn near a perfect match. For me, it's always the sharpness that is off compared to prints. I have improved tremendously with proper exposure on film and that comes from journaling and negative study.

Good eye.
Thanks Mike. The unusual cloud patterns that afternoon were a good fit for this challenge. Only had my phone with me though so couldn't get too heavy handed in the conversions.

20211021_144652ees.jpg

Most reactions

Back