What's new

Weekend photos C&C please

Cheex

TPF Noob!
Joined
May 7, 2011
Messages
75
Reaction score
27
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
Any comments appreciated!

1.

Canon Beach 1.1 by Chodie89, on Flickr
The rock on the left could be photoshopped out... still debating it. Anyone feel strongly one way or the other?

2.

Columbia River Gorge Daybreak 12.31.11 by Chodie89, on Flickr
Added a ton of color to the sky. Does it look unnatural? =p


3.

grotto by Chodie89, on Flickr
Not much done to this photo... just a Christmas capture

4.

Wahkeena falls by Chodie89, on Flickr
Possibly darkened the tone a little too much. thoughts?

5.

California Beach by Chodie89, on Flickr
My attempt to salvage a late sunset 10sec exposure... probably too dark for any real merit.


Again, all comments and criticism welcome!
 
I like the rock in the first one, I think it adds balance. If you took it out, there would be a lot of empty space on the left side.

It's also the most interesting shot of the set, IMO
 
Beautiful shots. I think I like the rock in #1. Adds to the foreground and balances out the water ripples seen on the right.
 
Very nice photos!
 
I agree, beautiful photos!

What type of set-up are you using?

Thanks for sharing!
 
1 and 2 are really nice. I say keep the rock.

3 doesn't do much for me...4 seems a bit flat and I like 5, but I think you should probably pull the blacks up just a bit.

Nice set.
 
I definitely think you should keep the rock in #1, it balances the image nicely & really makes the shot if you ask me. The only shot I'm having trouble with is #4, I feel like the composition could be better if the railing didn't bisect the photo right through the middle. I'd like to see the path leading into the distance (like you did with #3) instead of feeling like I'm balancing on a rail.
 
The rock in #1 is critical to maintain balance. It is, btw, a great shot.
 
You posted a lot of pictures, so I'll just give some general critiques.

Your composition is generally good. (with 3 as the exception, and 1 being your best)
You seem to underexpose a bit too much for my taste (3 would have been hard to fix, but the dodge and burn tool are useful for drawing paths for the eyes to follow through light composition. I don't know where to look in the third one).

The reds in 4 seem a bit much. Just my opinion though. What look were you going for?

2 could benefit from being a bit sharper. It's painstaking, but again, the burn tool can be helpful for gently defining soft edges I've found.
 
Very nice; I especially like #s 1, 2, and 5.

^Agreed. I don't have critique for you, but I will say your use of color makes me happy :) lol

#1 needs the rock on the left. I think that's my favorite part of the photo (aside from the colors!!)
 
*moved to landscape gallery*

Please remember that Beyond the Basics is not a photo critique subsection
 

Create an account or login to comment

You must be a member in order to leave a comment

Create account

Create an account on our community. It's easy!

Log in

Already have an account? Log in here.

Back
Top Bottom