Weekly challenge 1/2 - 1/8 Our fine feathered friends

This will be a nice challenge for lots of photogs here. It seems like a popular subject for folks w/ long lenses. I won't be able to participate but looking forward to see some above average bird photos here.

i love this challenge
_DSC8062 (3).JPG
_DSC8014 (4).JPG
_DSC7772 (4).JPG
.. although i did have a few furry guys today.. lots of birds too I had to add my new red squirrel.. first time i saw one..

This will be a nice challenge for lots of photogs here. It seems like a popular subject for folks w/ long lenses. I won't be able to participate but looking forward to see some above average bird photos here.

I don't have a long lens either. Maybe using bird or birds as a composition with the tree or feeder? Birds in a scene?

I don't have a long lens either. Maybe using bird or birds as a composition with the tree or feeder? Birds in a scene?

Sure - seagulls at the beach, pigeons in the park, macro feathers, geese migrating, ducks waddling... be creative. My longest lens is only 230 so I’ll be taking my own advice and trying to get something usable - maybe this is the week that elusive cardinal will stay on my backyard tree long enough for me to grab my camera and open the kitchen window!

Sure - seagulls at the beach, pigeons in the park, macro feathers, geese migrating, ducks waddling... be creative. My longest lens is only 230 so I’ll be taking my own advice and trying to get something usable - maybe this is the week that elusive cardinal will stay on my backyard tree long enough for me to grab my camera and open the kitchen window!
If I see a bird it will be a dot in the photo, unless I'm lucky.

Gray day in DC but I committed to share whatever I shot during a walk along the promenade at Long Bridge Park (end of the runway DCA).

Chance to practice with the AF.

Seagull_copy_1008x567.jpg

VA State bird.

Cardinal1_copy_1008x1291.jpg

Winterized Goldfinch.

GoldFinch_copy_1008x672.jpg

Gray day. Blue Jay.

BlueJay_copy_1008x671.jpg

Not sure what this is.

Unknown1_copy_1008x672.jpg

Gray day in DC but I committed to share whatever I shot during a walk along the promenade at Long Bridge Park (end of the runway DCA).
gorgeous red cardinal...

I'd go along with decoys, especially the display-art ones that have a lot of details.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back