mjcmt

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Can others edit my Photos
Photos NOT OK to edit
This will be a nice challenge for lots of photogs here. It seems like a popular subject for folks w/ long lenses. I won't be able to participate but looking forward to see some above average bird photos here.

Photo Lady

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Photos OK to edit
i love this challenge
_DSC8062 (3).JPG
_DSC8014 (4).JPG
_DSC7772 (4).JPG
.. although i did have a few furry guys today.. lots of birds too I had to add my new red squirrel.. first time i saw one..

CherylL

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Photos OK to edit
This will be a nice challenge for lots of photogs here. It seems like a popular subject for folks w/ long lenses. I won't be able to participate but looking forward to see some above average bird photos here.

I don't have a long lens either. Maybe using bird or birds as a composition with the tree or feeder? Birds in a scene?

OP
SquarePeg

SquarePeg

hear me roar
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Photos OK to edit

I don't have a long lens either. Maybe using bird or birds as a composition with the tree or feeder? Birds in a scene?

Sure - seagulls at the beach, pigeons in the park, macro feathers, geese migrating, ducks waddling... be creative. My longest lens is only 230 so I’ll be taking my own advice and trying to get something usable - maybe this is the week that elusive cardinal will stay on my backyard tree long enough for me to grab my camera and open the kitchen window!

mjcmt

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
www.flickr.com
Photos NOT OK to edit

Sure - seagulls at the beach, pigeons in the park, macro feathers, geese migrating, ducks waddling... be creative. My longest lens is only 230 so I’ll be taking my own advice and trying to get something usable - maybe this is the week that elusive cardinal will stay on my backyard tree long enough for me to grab my camera and open the kitchen window!
If I see a bird it will be a dot in the photo, unless I'm lucky.

photoflyer

TPF Supporters
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Website
mikeatherton.com
Photos OK to edit
Gray day in DC but I committed to share whatever I shot during a walk along the promenade at Long Bridge Park (end of the runway DCA).

Chance to practice with the AF.

Seagull_copy_1008x567.jpg

VA State bird.

Cardinal1_copy_1008x1291.jpg

Winterized Goldfinch.

GoldFinch_copy_1008x672.jpg

Gray day. Blue Jay.

BlueJay_copy_1008x671.jpg

Not sure what this is.

Unknown1_copy_1008x672.jpg

Photo Lady

Been spending a lot of time on here!
Reaction score
Photos OK to edit
Gray day in DC but I committed to share whatever I shot during a walk along the promenade at Long Bridge Park (end of the runway DCA).
gorgeous red cardinal...

snowbear

Fuzzy, wuzzy Nanuq
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Photos OK to edit
I'd go along with decoys, especially the display-art ones that have a lot of details.

Most reactions