Weekly challenge 1/23 - 1/29 Grounded

SquarePeg

hear me roar
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
For this week’s challenge, let’s get low - really low - lower - lowwwwwer... all the way down to ground level. Post photos taken from a ground level perspective. Angled up or shots of what’s on the floor, indoors or out, portraits or landscapes, macro or wide angle, black and white or color... Apologies to those who do not have a flip screen lcd, you’ll have to fly a little blind or really lay out for the shot, but sometimes that’s when we get the most unusual and fun compositions.

As always, new photos only for the challenge please. Get out there and shoot!

7 Tips For Great Low Angle Shots

The Simple Art of Low Angle Composition – 4 Tips You Already Knew

A Crash Course in Low Angle Photo Composition

IMG-6626.jpg
IMG-6611.jpg
IMG-6638.jpg
IMG-6609.jpg

These are all great. Love that up the ladder view. It trucks my mind into thinking I’m looking down the hill on a roller coaster.

Got the itch to shoot some film yesterday and beside that the Ricoh 500G was getting antsy too thinking that it was high time it had a turn. Since using the viewfinder was not an option the Ricoh's 40mm lens would be more forgiving focus wise so out we went. Took a wander through the park on the way to the store.

R500G3-004ees.jpg

R500G3-018ees.jpg

As an Amazon Associate we earn from qualifying purchases.
Got the itch to shoot some film yesterday

Sounds like you needed a fix for the scent of fixer. If you're up for it, one of these challenges you might shoot the same scene digitally (B&W) and on film and then share both.

Only shoot film to play with all the thrift store and gifted cameras that I have accumulated over the past few years. The recent popularity that film seems to be having has only managed to up the price of film and chemistry. I'm reluctant to do comparisons because they prove little and have the potential to start silly argumentative discussions.

In defence, I must say that I enjoy shooting cameras that I could only dream of owning when they were new, and perhaps moreso, enjoy that excitement when first seeing the images that appear as if by magic on the strip of film

This weeks challenge is an excellent exercise in visualizing the image, then seeing how close ones original idea made it to the final picture.

This weeks challenge is an excellent exercise in visualizing the image, then seeing how close ones original idea made it to the final picture.

Agreed. I used the 14mm lens this week and as it is new to me, visualizing shots with it is challenging. I think that exercise is crucial, however, to get the shot you want and not just an accident.

Also, I try to participate in the B&W challenge as well. The last time I shot film the only digital cameras were on spy satellites and NASA probes. So, I am curios how the same image renders on each.

Most reactions

Back