Weekly challenge 5/5 - 5/11 Spring Fever!

Samsung S8+. Not much time to shoot between soccer games, lawn clean up, church, and laundry.

20180506_145016-01-01.jpeg

I went back to the killdeer nest yesterday hoping to get a pic of those little puff balls running around on those long skinny legs. If you've ever seen young killdeer you know what I'm talking about. Well, one day after they hatched and they're up and gone, no where to be found. By contrast these baby robins hatched one day earlier, Saturday, but I don't think they'll be leaving the nest for awhile.
Robins just after hatching and two days later
20180505_181049-01.jpeg
20180507_170226-01.jpeg

This is my idea of spring fever: flowers and a bird

I saw this exclusive earstuds with diamonds and emeralds in the shape of a flower and a golden brooch, with diamonds and rubies/sapphires in the shape of a young bird, at an exhibition.
I'm especially fascinated by the gemstones and craftsmanship of the goldsmith who made it.
Things like this make me happy, like Spring and Summer do. Although it's probably more of a feeling.

Due to my wife's profession, from the moment I opened my photostudio in 1981, I've also been active in designing and making jewelry. At the end of the 1980s I found just enough time to study and become a certified jeweler.
It explains my interest and also why I'm getting more and more interested in turning my attention to gems and jewelery again. After so many years of photography, I'm slowly becoming less inclined to continue in that direction.

juweel2.jpg

juweel1.jpg

Last edited:
This is my idea of spring fever: flowers and a bird

I saw this exclusive earstuds with diamonds and emeralds in the shape of a flower and a golden brooch, with diamonds and rubies/sapphires in the shape of a young bird, at an exhibition.
I'm especially fascinated by the gemstones and craftsmanship of the goldsmith who made it.
Things like this make me happy, like Spring and Summer do. Although it's probably more of a feeling.

Due to my wife's profession, from the moment I opened my photostudio in 1981, I've also been active in designing and making jewelry. At the end of the 1980s I found just enough time to study and become a certified jeweler.
It explains my interest and also why I'm getting more and more interested in turning my attention to gems and jewelery again. After so many years of photography, I'm slowly becoming less inclined to continue in that direction.

juweel2.jpg

juweel1.jpg

Gk, in looking at your photography, I can absolutely see shape and design sensibilities that would be common with jewelry design. I hope to see some of your work.

Most reactions

New Topics

Back