Weekly challenge 5/9 - 5/15 One! Singular Sensation

SquarePeg

hear me roar
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
For this week’s challenge, isolate your subject.

“Subject isolation is when you put all of the focus on the image to your subject. It's a very useful technique that comes in handy for putting more emphasis on the subject and for visual storytelling...”

You can use depth of field, color, negative space, separation, perspective, panning, lighting… Extra credit if your subject is one of many.

As always, new photos only please for them weekly challenge. Get out there and shoot!

cartridge2.JPG

Phono cartridge

Last edited:
Once again I'll try to do better later in the week.

I wasn't really thinking about the challenge today when I shot this. But it came to mind when I was editing.

In this case I thought compositionally the square might isolate the eagle rather than using the more traditional rule of thirds. Does anyone else use 1x1?

IMG_08052022_220703_(1500_x_1504_pixel).jpg

I have used 1:1 on occasion when I think the subject better fits the dimensions.

Once again I'll try to do better later in the week.

I wasn't really thinking about the challenge today when I shot this. But it came to mind when I was editing.

In this case I thought compositionally the square might isolate the eagle rather than using the more traditional rule of thirds. Does anyone else use 1x1?

View attachment 256065

I have used 1:1 on occasion when I think the subject better fits the dimensions.
I use it occasionally for Instagram although my preference for that medium is 4x5 portrait orientation as it gives you the most real estate in the feed.

CA9F2CD0-E72A-449E-A3A2-EF3F792CEA03.jpeg

This shot was harder than I thought. These tulips are growing in a bunch and being further pushed together by another plant so getting an angle that isolated just one using only dof was not easy. Had to use some lens blur on that flower on the bottom right.

Most reactions

Back