Weekly challenge 6/26 - 7/2 Prime Time!

Get back on the shelf Helios, give your cousin a chance. Meyer - Optik Oreston 1:1.8 / 50, handheld on the KS2 (lens has an Exakta mount), diffuse post sunset light, f1.8, no crop.

IMGP8354es.jpg

View attachment 245746
Retro Coffee Shop: Sigma 17-50 @ 50 (80mm FFE), 1/20, f/3.2, ISO 100. Not sure what I have to do to get the photo to show up in the post. I'm new to TPF.
Welcome Robshoots. The "Attach files"on the lower left opens your files. Selecting one gives you the option of thumbs or full file. I like to resize for a smaller file for my older computer to work with. There is a section at the end of the forums especially for practice.

Welcome Robshoots. The "Attach files"on the lower left opens your files. Selecting one gives you the option of thumbs or full file. I like to resize for a smaller file for my older computer to work with. There is a section at the end of the forums especially for practice.
Thanks very much for the information, smithdan. I will check out the practice section. I really like this weekly challenge.

Get back on the shelf Helios, give your cousin a chance. Meyer - Optik Oreston 1:1.8 / 50, handheld on the KS2 (lens has an Exakta mount), diffuse post sunset light, f1.8, no crop.
Definitely has that soft look (and I don't mean to imply the lens is soft) that one expects from shooting at 1.8 or faster.

Definitely has that soft look (and I don't mean to imply the lens is soft) that one expects from shooting at 1.8 or faster.
According to the info on the 'net, this lens is soft open. I shot it a while back and found that it sharpens up rapidly as soon as f4. If it had a proper mount, I could demo that on the digital, the Exakta kit is loaded ready to go but with temps approaching 40C this old guy is hanging in the shade. Once upon a time, soft focus was in vogue. Filters and even lenses were sold for this effect, a gob of strategically placed vaseline did it on the cheap.

You were right. Once I resized them, I could get the images to load in the post. I also got the full size/thumbnail options, which I wasn't getting before. Thanks again for the tip.

After a number of false starts, we finally got the class three installed. I thought it was still in Aperture Priority but apparently not.
D750, 24mm/2.8; f/5.6, 1/2000, ISO 12800. Taken at dusk, EXIF shows about 1/2 meter (~ 20 inches - sounds about right)

Last edited:
Fujifilm X100v. 23mm, f/2.8, 1/2000s, ISO 160, STD simulation, onboard flash fired to fill face, converted in camera, no edit, resize in snapseed.

2021_0702_05293600-01.jpeg

Last edited:

Most reactions

Back