Weekly challenge 6/6 - 6/12 Your World in Macro

One more Alstroemeria

_MG_8212- Alstromeria 2.jpeg

Here are two shots with 2 different lenses, same body this morning.

First shot with true macro lens. Pretty cool. I like the definition in this one. Nice bokeh.
Mushroom.jpg

This one shot with extension tube and Lensbaby Velvet 56. Totally different bokeh. Flares are more pronounced. Which or any do you prefer?
LB Mushroom.jpg

First shot with true macro lens. Pretty cool. I like the definition in this one. Nice bokeh.
View attachment 257044

This one shot with extension tube and Lensbaby Velvet 56. Totally different bokeh. Flares are more pronounced. Which or any do you prefer?
View attachment 257045
Good shots. The first one is more to my taste. I like the bokeh and the narrow depth of field but I also prefer the sharpness and detail in the near edge. The second one loses too much detail for me, and I don’t care much for the look of the drops in the foreground, especially the drop on the right. The subject becomes a bit ethereal, if you will. I generally like the lensbaby effect, though. I would like to try one sometime. Are you familiar with Anne Belmont?

Highlights what can be done with a real macro lens. I prefer the first one as well. If there were no breeze that might even lend itself to focus bracketing. Now if you can just get that little frog to pose on top of it.

No idea what they are, besides pretty. Trying out my new to me Canon EOS 50D

Attachments

• IMG_0019.JPG
    IMG_0019.JPG
    29.8 KB · Views: 31

Most reactions

New Topics

Back