Weekly challenge 9/20 - 9/27 walk a crooked mile

SquarePeg

hear me roar
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
Sorry for the late start this week. I had planned to post this yesterday then completely forgot!

For this week’s challenge, post photos using the “Dutch tilt” style. Any subject. Try to make sure you think about a composition that benefits from the tilt. Don’t just compose as usual then tilt!

Dutch tilt is a frequently used movie technique to portray tension, unease, madness, disorientation... (ex Do the Right Thing, Thor, Star Trek). In photography, Dutch tilt has a bit of a hack reputation because it was very popular with the early Instagram crowd. It has fallen out of popularity recently. it’s a fun way to get creative and shake up your routine. Give it a try.

As always new photos only for the weekly challenge please. get out there and shoot!

How To Shoot Dutch Angle Photography | Camera Angles

The Dutch Angle: Tilting the Camera for Dramatic Effect

This one will be a challenge to tilt to add to the photo and just tilting.

The county courthouse
092120_018SmallWeb.jpg

Hi there! Dutch tilt is when the horizon is not straight on purpose. Was this meant for the b&w challenge?
oh sorry Sharon.. i am wearing a boot because of pulled tendon.. and my head is a bit tilted...

Sorry to hear about the injury. Take it easy! I have a vision of you sitting outside with your feet up while birds and turkeys hang your laundry and dobermans mow the grass. Very Snow White.

Hi there! Dutch tilt is when the horizon is not straight on purpose. Was this meant for the b&w challenge?
oh sorry Sharon.. i am wearing a boot because of pulled tendon.. and my head is a bit tilted...

Sorry to hear about the injury. Take it easy! I have a vision of you sitting outside with your feet up while birds and turkeys hang your laundry and dobermans mow the grass. Very Snow White.
Oh i love your vision... Actually as cumbersome as this boot is i am still able to do most everything..but i really miss a walk in the woods... or even a walk down my long driveway.. with my camera of course..only thing i am missing to the utmost degree... thank you

Most reactions

Back