Weekly challenge 9/22 - 9/28 Alternate routes

SquarePeg

hear me roar
Staff member
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Can others edit my Photos
Photos OK to edit
For this week’s challenge, post photos of bridges, roads, paths, highways, stairways, trails... To make it more interesting, try to get shots of the same subject in different ways. Get low then go for a high angle. Go ultra wide then get in close. Shoot the same location at sunrise and sunset or during golden hour and blue hour, during the day and again at night...

As usual, new photos only please. Get out there and get shooting!

Just finished this one today, normally a boring dull view. But we've had some dramatic weather (storm last night) and when I saw the sky I had to get a photo. Turned out great! It's amazing what light can do to a location, being in the right place at the right time is crucial!

44841798431_935b2e1632_k.jpg

Just finished this one today, normally a boring dull view. But we've had some dramatic weather (storm last night) and when I saw the sky I had to get a photo. Turned out great! It's amazing what light can do to a location, being in the right place at the right time is crucial!

Nice. High vantage point. We’re you on an overpass?

Last edited:
Okay, I honed in on the bridges part of the challenge. While these are two uninspiring photographs they are singular in terms of their perspective. Unless you're in a kayak or swimming you're not going to get these shots. So I guess it makes them unique. This bridge is on the GW Parkway next to the Columbia Island Marina. Shot in the rain.

1)

IMG_20180923_085453330_BURST000_COVER-01-1736x1239.jpeg

2)

IMG_20180923_085850476-01-1736x1298.jpeg

Last edited:
We have many covered bridges here also, but they have been photographed so much and at every angle that it's almost like shooting an English Sparrow, been there, done that!

Most reactions

New Topics

Back