Weekly challenge - 9/29 - 10/5 I’m late, I’m late, I’m late! I BLUE it.

Autumn Sunset
8B6FCCA9-FEDF-4FD1-9A34-8D5312D82C85.jpeg

I'm not a serious collector by any means, but I do have a small collection of original bad art. I got most of my pieces years ago before I ever knew there was a museum dedicated to bad art:
Museum of Bad Art - Wikipedia

Here's one of my collection
Unknown title, unknown artist, but the theme is pretty clear.

moba-1.jpg

I'm not a serious collector by any means, but I do have a small collection of original bad art. I got most of my pieces years ago before I ever knew there was a museum dedicated to bad art:
Museum of Bad Art - Wikipedia

Here's one of my collection
Unknown title, unknown artist, but the theme is pretty clear.

View attachment 163957
I would say it is outsider art but not bad.

I am conflicted about calling anybody's art "bad". "Outsider" is a much better term. For me, though, I know I've created many bad photographs, and as a musician, played a lot of bad music. I like how the MOBA responds to the criticism of calling art "bad"

From wiki:
"The museum has been criticized for being anti-art, but the founders deny this, responding that its collection is a tribute to the sincerity of the artists who persevered with their art despite something going horribly wrong in the process. According to co-founder Marie Jackson, "We are here to celebrate an artist's right to fail, gloriously."

I am conflicted about calling anybody's art "bad". "Outsider" is a much better term. For me, though, I know I've created many bad photographs, and as a musician, played a lot of bad music. I like how the MOBA responds to the criticism of calling art "bad"

From wiki:
"The museum has been criticized for being anti-art, but the founders deny this, responding that its collection is a tribute to the sincerity of the artists who persevered with their art despite something going horribly wrong in the process. According to co-founder Marie Jackson, "We are here to celebrate an artist's right to fail, gloriously."
I'm pretty sure it closed down as well. I was familiar with it at one time.

I was kind of glad for this challenge because I needed some motivation to finish the color roll in my Nikon FM. I am not into color film all that much and always feel naked without a second shooter, I have my F2 but I want to get it serviced by Sover Wong because it is prestine but needs a lube and adjustment, probably next year before I send it to him.

Accomplished in two beautiful, lunch days to start the challenge. The color roll helped me clean up the color processing for the time being. I got to know my 35 f2 a little at a distant which was helpful. I also realized I am getting lazy because of digital. It really makes me think about doing away with it.

These are not great as I am not a landscape photog at the moment but I enjoy viewing them. So, in conclusion... the challenge motivated me, provided insight on my approach, and was fun because it motivated me to step into the frame. TPF

AA park MI.jpg

Henry County Farm, OH.jpg

Most reactions

New Topics

Back